Only one coin in 6 hours in the woods... 1776 1 Reale!

adventureswithjim

Mar 12, 2010
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out hammering my favorite colonial woods again...this time trying to do full dig video clips to show folks what's it's really like out there...this site will beat you to death with heavy iron and dense jungle...

I got this tone soft dime VDI, iron grunt, dime, grunt...after I pulled a big hunk of rusty screwed up iron slag then I could finally pin point the other tone. I SOOOOOO thought this was gonna a US silver dime (like a merc dropped by old deer hunters, I find the occasional paper shotgun shell end there too), but when I cleaned it off WOW...1776 reale! Got me all excited for sure...

Here's the vid, if you can stand the pain of endless iron...

[youtube=425,350]FK5gWsKm9hg[/youtube]

Attachments

• 1776a.jpg
    1776a.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 1,197
  • 1776b.jpg
    1776b.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 1,304
Upvote 0
Truly a beautiful coin Jim congrats! Still waiting for my first Reale.

Gorgeous coin!! Nicely done!

I'll have to check out the woods more carefully from now on. :notworthy:

All the best,

Lanny

Lovely coin, but I have to say every time you rubbed it with dirt I fainted......

Gollum says! "NO SCRATCH THE PRECIOUS!!" :'(

TheGeorgiaCanuck said:
Lovely coin, but I have to say every time you rubbed it with dirt I fainted......

Then consider yourself lucky I don't drive a nail through my coins I dig :whip2: :whip2:

thoroughly enjoy your videos Jimbo! nice hunt,super nice reale and bummer on the copper! ring :laughing7: i hate when that happens

adventureswithjim said:
TheGeorgiaCanuck said:

Then consider yourself lucky I don't drive a nail through my coins I dig :whip2: :whip2:

Heh...please don't.

HEAVYMETALNUT said:
thoroughly enjoy your videos Jimbo! nice hunt,super nice reale and bummer on the copper! ring :laughing7: i hate when that happens

You know I HAD to include that clip...just too funny...all excited over a WASHER....ahahahahahahaha All I saw was that big thick copper rim sticking out of the mud...maybe next time.

Way to go man!! :headbang: You got a sweet spot there, pound it to death! :thumbsup:

One Day, if I make it that way, will you take me out for a copper? great find and rub it all you want.
:laughing7: ;D take care. JYD...

Very nice find...and entertaining video. I think the buckle you found may be an old sling buckle...same age as your shoe buckle frags.

Congrats on the Reale, nice old silver there man. Way to go :icon_thumright:

romeo-1 said:
Very nice find...and entertaining video. I think the buckle you found may be an old sling buckle...same age as your shoe buckle frags.

Yep, it's an early one.

And more Spanish. :headbang:

Question... it seems like most targets are stray finds? Is there not patches or iron to hunt where the houses were? That's where you would clean up.... or have you already done that? Think you're using a small coin so maybe you are in the iron.

Iron Patch said:
romeo-1 said:

Yep, it's an early one.

And more Spanish. :headbang:

Question... it seems like most targets are stray finds? Is there not patches or iron to hunt where the houses were? That's where you would clean up.... or have you already done that? Think you're using a small coin so maybe you are in the iron.

Very much patches where the houses were...though somewhat redistributed by the plow...and that's where small coil is cranking them out, in between all the iron bits.

if i got one coin out in the woods it would be a 1995 lincoln... not a reale... wow man. real sweet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back