- Joined
- Jun 16, 2014
- Messages
- 12,099
- Reaction score
- 18,282
- Golden Thread
- 1
- Location
- Northern O-H-I-O
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 1
- Detector(s) used
- F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
Headed out at 11 AM thinking I'd hunt with Tony at his house. He said I can hunt his property anytime he is home when we chatted last Sunday. His truck was not in the driveway
so I went to another old house I have been eyeing. Got there, and no one answered the door.
So I drove to a permission I hunted last July. The house was built in 1870. Last time I hunted I was pulling clad out at 8 inches in the front yard. This time I concentrated on the back yard and along the driveway. I dug the wheat at 6" deep beside the old sidewalk going to the garage and on the South side of the house I found the bracelet laying on the ground by a tree. It looks silver but I can't find a mark. I used the grass cut pattern as the boundary line to the North. The neighbor to the North was outside as I hunted on the North side of the driveway. I got a nice signal and dug. At 5" deep I pulled (what I believe to be) an1851 Braided Hair LC.
When I got home and looked up the property lines OOOOOPs I dug this from the neighbor's yard (house built in 1955). See the pic below. The red marked spot is where I dug the LC.
County Auditor Site Snip-It

Today's keepers

On the way home I went to the "Brick House" to hunt without any discrimination (I have pounded this property). I pulled a penny from under a low hanging Holly tree and a 22 long round about 7" deep in the front yard. After about 30 minutes I decided to quit for the day and go home.
All Finds

As always, I hope ya'll got out and swung the coil
today.
GL & HH
so I went to another old house I have been eyeing. Got there, and no one answered the door.
So I drove to a permission I hunted last July. The house was built in 1870. Last time I hunted I was pulling clad out at 8 inches in the front yard. This time I concentrated on the back yard and along the driveway. I dug the wheat at 6" deep beside the old sidewalk going to the garage and on the South side of the house I found the bracelet laying on the ground by a tree. It looks silver but I can't find a mark. I used the grass cut pattern as the boundary line to the North. The neighbor to the North was outside as I hunted on the North side of the driveway. I got a nice signal and dug. At 5" deep I pulled (what I believe to be) an1851 Braided Hair LC.
When I got home and looked up the property lines OOOOOPs I dug this from the neighbor's yard (house built in 1955). See the pic below. The red marked spot is where I dug the LC.County Auditor Site Snip-It

Today's keepers

On the way home I went to the "Brick House" to hunt without any discrimination (I have pounded this property). I pulled a penny from under a low hanging Holly tree and a 22 long round about 7" deep in the front yard. After about 30 minutes I decided to quit for the day and go home.
All Finds

As always, I hope ya'll got out and swung the coil
today.GL & HH
Upvote
48
good job by you!
Ah what's a few feet between neighbours nice going on the LC and the bracelet, but it's time to go knocking like the other have mentioned since you know the place produces oldies already.
What are lines anyways!!!!!!






