opinions wanted please

cesi

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2015
Thousand Islands Ontario
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am working on 28 acres of land and have three different locations that are of interest. Being on my own and old I can only work one of them for the season. I would like your suggestions as to which location to concentrate on...looking for gold. 1/ is a stream where I have found garnets, possible silver and tiny flaked gold. I tried digging a flat spot where a ridge meets the stream but only hit wet heavy clay and then it filled in with water. 2/ A ridge with lots of quartz etc. and red quartz crystals. Tried digging flat spot at base of ridge but have yet to hit solid ground and it's getting very hard with the shovel to dig deeper...but will if you guys think so. Area 3 is a large ridge that comes down and when I started digging away from the base have hit a solid sheet of topaz coloured quartz and have yet to work my way around it to get deeper. Any suggestions would be helpful and I thank you for your help.....Cesi

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit the location that you believe has the greatest value. Good hunting and good luck.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Why don't you just choose what you see as the easiest spot right now? Digging that out might end up being a training exercise for the others.

Otherwise, I like the spot where you found the topaz coloured quartz.

I'm just going on opinion versus knowing what I'm talking about :)

Keep the faith!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Out of Three locations, you mention actually FINDING gold at only one of them. (LIGHT BULB!)

Start where you Located Gold. Easy Peasy! Good luck Greenhorn, and may you luck into a paystreak! :occasion14:

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rent a back hoe for a day or a small excavator and dig out the overburden to bedrock. Once there you can prove the site is worth further work. You may find small gold not worth working but the stones may be of gem quality and that's where the value is.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread