Ordering Problems

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
So, called my US bank and they told me they no longer will order coins for me since I am not a business.

A Huntington in-store branch 5 minutes from my house, also will no longer order coins for me because I failed to pick up an order that I didn't even know was placed. I would tell the manager to order two boxes of pennies for me every week, and he failed to remember to order for 5 straight weeks. So the week I don't call him, he ordered coins for me. What the heck?! I showed up 2 months later and asked if they had any pennies I could buy, and the new manger seemed really irritated with me and said "Yeah, The two boxes you ordered have been sitting in the vault for months." I just tried to explain the fact that I didn't order those two boxes that week and didn't know they were coming in. I asked if I could order 2 for next week and he just said, "How do I know you're going to pick them up?" I told him I could leave him my number in case that does happen. He just wouldn't order for me. So I had 3 branches I would order from in my town, which is $150.00 a week, and now I can only order $50.00 that is IF something doesn't go wrong, when I contact them. This sucks.

Upvote 0
And another one of my banks close to me cut me off because I'm not a business customer. I'm getting really irritated.

Why not just open a business account?

I'm 17, and you can, only if you own a business. At least at Huntington that's how it is. I haven't asked any of the other banks. I may have to start a business just to have unlimited ordering power :P 20 boxes a week from one branch :P

I'm 17, I have a business scout at Wells Fargo. They didn't ask for my specifics when I signed up and the guy knew EXACTLY what I was going haha. Whenever tellers ask me about my business I just say "coin recycling- it's a secret" lol

They suck some times the banks have a big turnover so go back and try from time to time

Just remember, pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered. This is just a warning and recommendation, not an attack. Good luck Coppercrazy! Don't let greed win you over! :)

"And another one of my banks close to me cut me off because I'm not a business customer. I'm getting really irritated."

"I may have to start a business just to have unlimited ordering power :P 20 boxes a week from one branch :P"

Is it just me?

"And another one of my banks close to me cut me off because I'm not a business customer. I'm getting really irritated."

"I may have to start a business just to have unlimited ordering power :P 20 boxes a week from one branch :P"

Is it just me?

Is what just you? Haha

The two banks around me asked for a tax id number when I tried to set a business account up.. I told them that id have to get it .. So I've been thinking about getting online at the IRS and getting one for my vast vending empire in Michigan's great capital city.. Well at least that's what the banks think I have. Lol

For those who are having their banks close, check out your local grocery stores. We have a high turnover for change and have to order boxes constantly. As for the cash office manager and ask her or him if they could order a extra box or two and here's your phone number for when it comes in. You do that to a surround hub of stores and that's about 10-15 boxes of coinage at one time.

Sincerely, GarouLady

For those who are having their banks close, check out your local grocery stores. We have a high turnover for change and have to order boxes constantly. As for the cash office manager and ask her or him if they could order a extra box or two and here's your phone number for when it comes in. You do that to a surround hub of stores and that's about 10-15 boxes of coinage at one time.

Sincerely, GarouLady

Thanks for the tip- do you think it would work with halves? And would you be able to get a weekly order? And do stores have to pay a fee?

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Got a call today from the bank that i had problems with mentioned earlier. They have just ordered 2k in Ike's that will be in next Wednesday =) Hope they can keep it a weekly order like they said they would try and do. Will keep you guys posted if anything found in a new post.

Got a call today from the bank that i had problems with mentioned earlier. They have just ordered 2k in Ike's that will be in next Wednesday =) Hope they can keep it a weekly order like they said they would try and do. Will keep you guys posted if anything found in a new post.

Ike's or halfs!?!?!? If those are Ike's, your lucky as hell :p haha

No telling what could be mixed in with those Ikes. Of course, the dump situation is an issue...

Ikes. I need to look into what others have said about selling them on Craigslist or something for 1.10 each, wonder if they would sell quickly or not. 10% profit made if they sell quickly would be outstanding... after i search through them of course )

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back