Original stone map photos.

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites mxt, tesoro lobo super trac., monster1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow. i am saddened to know it was destroyed. authentic or not. still part of the lore.. thanks jim..

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites mxt, tesoro lobo super trac., monster1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well, i guess that is the hardest part of all this treasure stuff. too many sides to every story... i am not into arguing authenticity or origin. i am just personally fascinated.. it is just a side thing for me.. i put my family and work first.. but i will hunt until i cant...lol. thanks for all the information shared on all threads and posts.. even the crazy ones...

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A repost of the "bumper photo"....

foundstonemapsbumper.jpg

Some trivia....

Desert varnish forms only on rock surfaces exposed to the atmosphere and noticeable coatings can take millions of years to accumulate. I don't think anyone has ever suggested the stones were THAT old.
It was Clarence Mitchell who first said in his book thatTravis found the H/P stone while on his way to Texas for Christmas.That he then stopped at a nearby gas station, where he used a water hose to clean the dirt from the stone.
Travis, in his manuscript, also says he borrowed a hose at a service station to clean the stone.
Ne[ther said anything about the gas station being in Apache Junction, which, since he was headed for Texas, would have been miles in the wrong direction.....or that he used a pressure washer at any time.

InAustralia.Jones

Mar 16, 2016
Detector(s) used
MineLab - GP3000, GPX4500, GPX5000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The main Cipher on these stones is in plain sight, the key is the year and the dagger. Once one figures out how to use the date he will then figure out what the dagger actually is and the rest of the map falls into place.

The map is interesting how it was constructed and the scale of the map is very accurate in it's construction. As far as the Omega sign it's a universal sign used to denote a Mine back in those years passed.

Linked to the Beale code - Thats a new one!

Edit: One other thing to decipher these maps is the sheet with all the clues from the past! Thought i'd add that in to.

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The main Cipher on these stones is in plain sight, the key is the year and the dagger. Once one figures out how to use the date he will then figure out what the dagger actually is and the rest of the map falls into place.

The map is interesting how it was constructed and the scale of the map is very accurate in it's construction. As far as the Omega sign it's a universal sign used to denote a Mine back in those years passed.

Linked to the Beale code - Thats a new one!

Edit: One other thing to decipher these maps is the sheet with all the clues from the past! Thought i'd add that in to.

Gotta admit I'm not all up on this "cipher" stuff you and Eldo talk about. Maybe that's because I don't have the sheet you mention to look at. I do wonder about that knife though.....why a bi-facial dagger, and why the hilt is an arrow which points to the number 1 for instance ? And what about the symbol on the handle ? I've seen it before on other "maps" though, and on those, it doesn't show any mines or mining at all.

InAustralia.Jones

Mar 16, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta admit I'm not all up on this "cipher" stuff you and Eldo talk about. Maybe that's because I don't have the sheet you mention to look at. I do wonder about that knife though.....why a bi-facial dagger, and why the hilt is an arrow which points to the number 1 for instance ? And what about the symbol on the handle ? I've seen it before on other "maps" though, and on those, it doesn't show any mines or mining at all.

The year is important when researching, for instance a map of that year. When researching a map of that era you would notice the Dagger is actually a mountain "Knife Edge", further research places all landmarks exactly as the stone map. I figured this out approximately 10 years ago.

I've supplied some research material for those interested above.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The year is important when researching, for instance a map of that year. When researching a map of that era you would notice the Dagger is actually a mountain "Knife Edge", further research places all landmarks exactly as the stone map. I figured this out approximately 10 years ago.

I've supplied some research material for those interested above.

Several make the same claim every year. Also stating that they found their solution many years ago. How is yours any different ?
Most have never set foot in those mountains, but are convinced their research skills, google earth satellite views, and imagination have allowed them to figure all this out without ever having to make that particular effort.
What have you assumed is the year, and is it the year the maps were created....or that of an event...or both ?

My own research has led to maps from many eras. I have yet to see any other which use a drawing of a knife to define such a profile. Do you have an example ?

I did suggest, and posted about ten years ago however, that the dagger and the cut line it points to might have something to do with this place....see my point (pun intended)

ladder cave dagger cut.jpg

Posted quite a few photos of that cave on this and a couple of other sites back in that 2011 time frame.....https://www.desertusa.com/mb3/viewt...sid=ec0882ed9d73a079b79a62bc5f0bcda0&start=90
I'd shared some others of places and things I'd found out there in years previous to that as well....including this one.

bronze cross at cave in crucifix canyon.jpg

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMHO, the dagger is an old and common Spanish treasure symbol for direction or points direction of a dangerous trail. The most dagger symbols used are one side edged, but in the stone Trail map the dagger is two side edged, and this because has two meanings for two different purposes. The first, shows the direction we have to follow walking the Trail ( 18 lugares ) and the second is by showing with the arrow on its handle another trail ( bereda ) which is depicted in the route " 1 " from both trail map and Priest map.
Like I wrote in the past, a specific symbol on the maps prompts us to read the verses/advices of the Priest from the bottom to the top, as :

" Find the heart,
Find the map,
Go 18 places ( the Trail ),
This trail is dangerous ( meaning both trails, the 1 and the 18 )."

Where the heart and the map could be find, is depicted on the Horse map. BTW, the mine behind Horse's ear is the same with the dot/hole close to the dagger, a well known and very hunted mine.

InAustralia.Jones

Mar 16, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Several make the same claim every year. Also stating that they found their solution many years ago. How is yours any different ?
Most have never set foot in those mountains, but are convinced their research skills, google earth satellite views, and imagination have allowed them to figure all this out without ever having to make that particular effort.
What have you assumed is the year, and is it the year the maps were created....or that of an event...or both ?

My own research has led to maps from many eras. I have yet to see any other which use a drawing of a knife to define such a profile. Do you have an example ?

Some assume alot and some have only imagination. Arizona is a beautiful part of the world and the mountain terrain wild and dangerous. The heart map with the dagger clearly shows a river and marked with "R", i researched many areas with the sheet of clues and came to my own conclusion. I would gladly show you all my research documents, photos, maps and the like, but unfortunately someone thought all my research on various topics seemed more important to them and it was all stolen. 36 years of research taken in just one day. I mentioned this to a friend as i was working and researching on particular topic with almost finished documentation and photos of the area.

Oh well no use picking up the pieces anymore so now i watch and help others when i can, nowadays i spend time with my wife, fishing and tinkering on a few cars i have and work. Research requires hands on and i had a friend take photos of the stones at the museum for me.

All fun though!

Last edited:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eldo gets lots of laughs over in the Beale threads with that one.

More threats than laughs actually, but you never get to see them with the mods acting as if there is nothing "proven", flooding the site with more filler than fact

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More threats than laughs actually, but you never get to see them with the mods acting as if there is nothing "proven", flooding the site with more filler than fact

My only mistake in this hunt was following the storyline behind the fact that there was a Jesuit Vault somewhere around the sites with 500 million in bullion stashed....that story was propped up by the DesertUSA crew and seemed legit but I haven't found the vault yet.

Other than that nothing I made mention of is "wrong" and leads exactly to the locations where I showed

It is all gone.....but I still like finding empty vaults.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some assume alot and some have only imagination. Arizona is a beautiful part of the world and the mountain terrain wild and dangerous. The heart map with the dagger clearly shows a river and marked with "R", i researched many areas with the sheet of clues and came to my own conclusion. I would gladly show you all my research documents, photos, maps and the like, but unfortunately someone thought all my research on various topics seemed more important to them and it was all stolen. 36 years of research taken in just one day. I mentioned this to a friend as i was working and researching on particular topic with almost finished documentation and photos of the area.

Oh well no use picking up the pieces anymore so now i watch and help others when i can, nowadays i spend time with my wife, fishing and tinkering on a few cars i have and work. Research requires hands on and i had a friend take photos of the stones at the museum for me.

All fun though!

Yes, a shame....but also common is such a loss as you describe. Other "foundits" have lost all their photos etc. to fire and floods. I lost a bottle of tequila one time.....to a whole party of friends. I wasn't able to prove I'd been to Mexico without it.
Even Eldo for example, who had discovered three wagons of gold left behind on a mountaintop out there by the Beale Partiers. Having spotted the wagons of gold (and the nearby LDM) via Google Earth, he was of course able to keep an eye on the site via GE as well, so when he noticed something had changed, he immediately reported the obvious "illegal mining" to TNF Headquarters and us on here. As fate would have it though, by the time someone arrived on site, camera in hand with which to gather evidence, the tricksters had replaced the wagons with three water tanks, all connected to a watering trough. He can probably fill you in on how the investigation is going though.

Last edited:

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yes I've noticed......it's just BRUTAL over there.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, a shame....but also common is such a loss as you describe. Other "foundits" have lost all their photos etc. to fire and floods. I lost a bottle of tequila one time.....to a whole party of friends. I wasn't able to prove I'd been to Mexico without it.
Even Eldo for example, who had discovered three wagons of gold left behind on a mountaintop out there by the Beale Partiers. Having spotted the wagons of gold (and the nearby LDM) via Google Earth, he was of course able to keep an eye on the site via GE as well, so when he noticed something had changed, he immediately reported the obvious "illegal mining" to TNF Headquarters and us on here. As fate would have it though, by the time someone arrived on site, camera in hand with which to gather evidence, the tricksters had replaced the wagons with three water tanks, all connected to a watering trough. He can probably fill you in on how the investigation is going though.

imagine that!!! I remember those GE images showing “obvious” wagons - very tricky of those working there to make that switch and taking off with all the loot!!!

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More trivia....an original add for the car in the bumper photo:

tumblr_pmnwm6m9ZL1vuapb3_1280.jpg

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
But it shows the 30 men's shares as they were buried in two trips in Virginia, as shown in the Beale...
Tumlinson stumbled onto the stone maps of the Beale Hunting Party....the original Treasure "Hunters" hint hint.
Where is the actual evidence beyond speculation that the "Peralta Stones" were on any way connected to the fictional "Beale Hunting Party" narrative in Ward's 1885 published dime adventure/treasure play along pamphlet novel?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread