S SaginawIan Hero Member Joined Jun 1, 2006 Messages 679 Reaction score 14 Golden Thread 0 Location Detroit, Michigan Detector(s) used Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Mojave. Nov 3, 2008 #1 I found this at a cellar hole that was from 1850 - 1870 or so. It was deep and it is fairly heavy weight. What do you all think? thanks, Ian Attachments DSC01640.webp 28 KB · Views: 401 DSC01640.webp 28 KB · Views: 393 DSC01635.webp 39.9 KB · Views: 385 DSC01638.webp 19.6 KB · Views: 398
I found this at a cellar hole that was from 1850 - 1870 or so. It was deep and it is fairly heavy weight. What do you all think? thanks, Ian
Sir Digs-A-Lot Full Member Joined Sep 14, 2008 Messages 222 Reaction score 14 Golden Thread 0 Location Orlando Florida Detector(s) used Excalibur II and ACE 250 Nov 3, 2008 #2 Lamp finial? Upvote 0
Noodle Bronze Member Joined Jul 20, 2005 Messages 2,279 Reaction score 35 Golden Thread 0 Location N Louisiana Detector(s) used Ace 250 Nov 3, 2008 #3 I'm with Bueller. A top to something (a lamp? maybe). It doesn't look like it screwed on; was just a decorative top that broke off. First I thought a drawer pull backing, but not with the wide bottom. Pretty. Noodle Upvote 0
I'm with Bueller. A top to something (a lamp? maybe). It doesn't look like it screwed on; was just a decorative top that broke off. First I thought a drawer pull backing, but not with the wide bottom. Pretty. Noodle
S SaginawIan Hero Member Joined Jun 1, 2006 Messages 679 Reaction score 14 Golden Thread 0 Location Detroit, Michigan Detector(s) used Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Mojave. Nov 3, 2008 Thread Owner #4 Great guesses, I think it is something like that. I was thinking it could be a flag topper or maybe a fence emblem of some sort. Ian Upvote 0
Great guesses, I think it is something like that. I was thinking it could be a flag topper or maybe a fence emblem of some sort. Ian
AKiwi Sr. Member Joined Aug 4, 2005 Messages 430 Reaction score 11 Golden Thread 0 Location Hastings, NZ Detector(s) used Garrett GTA 500 Nov 5, 2008 #5 curtain rod finial? Upvote 0
F frogwizard Guest Nov 5, 2008 #6 Top of woodstove finial? Attachments woodstove finial.webp 5 KB · Views: 254 woodstove finial.webp 5 KB · Views: 254 woodstove finial.webp 5 KB · Views: 263 Upvote 0