Orphanage Finds

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Finally had an opportunity to get out and check around an old Orphanage circa 1925. I figured that the area had most likely been searched before so this place was prime for me to take my kids and let them find some clad coins.
Started out good with the first signal beind a 1958 Wheat. Continued on to find more than enough trash targets. But I always say take the good with the bad. It will pay off right? Well, we went on to locate a couple more Wheats, 1944 and 1944d. Of course the kids were having fun locating a quarters that seemed to always be near another penny. Mini pocket spills I guess. It kept their interest which is good. Located the Deputy Marshal Badge under a Mulberry tree that we just got finished taste testing...Yummy. The badge is from 1959 and was made by the Top Gun Co. I went on to located the religious medal under another tree. My hunting partner Don located the bell near a fence. Very heavy metal. Not sure what type. And I finished the day with the tokens from Putt Putt and Namco. Oh yes the DragonZord medal from 1993 too and $3.00 in clad.
I am not sure whether it is Karma or what, but when I pulled the religious medal from the ground the church nearby started sounding its bells and played for several minutes....Maybe it was just the top of the hour but I would like to think it was something higher up. Thanks for looking...HH Jgas :)

Attachments

• orph1.JPG
    orph1.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 456
  • orph2.JPG
    orph2.JPG
    20.6 KB · Views: 454
  • orph3.JPG
    orph3.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 460
  • orph4.JPG
    orph4.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 456
  • orph5.JPG
    orph5.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 455
Upvote 0

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool finds I wouldn't have expected to find that much at an Orphanage

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
The badge is a sweet find!! Congrats on a good hunt!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread