OT = About the CA Fires. Food For Thought.---

:dontknow: Well, "IF" Trump happens to make it in, maybe you can write to him and pose the question. But I doubt there will be much of an urgency on this topic. Why? Because the individual states are also involved. ...Maybe that would be a better place to start - contact the state gov'ts and maybe get the ones regularly hit to band together and help create a better wildfire suppression response. At the very least, you could probably get more accomplished in DC by first getting things rolling at the state level.

And with that, I now withdraw from this thread. Hoping it doesn't turn more political but there certainly is ample room to!

Ciao! - Copy.gif

Simple solution. Clear the underbrush....Indians did it years ago. Problem solved.
Selective logging. Worked for years!
Oh no!! Don't cut the trees!
Trees are a renewable resource.....

The biggest problem we have out here in California is the drought which in turn has killed a lot of the trees along with the bark beetle killing even more the wood industry doesn't want the trees the bark beetle has killed as the wood is stained.I grew up in the mountains where we always dealt with fires, the Pacific ocean isn't an option in the hills or mountains the options up there are local lakes and most are at there lowest points ever.The ocean can be an option for the areas along the coast and it is used there.The forestry dept. is working like dogs out here around Yosemite trying to cut all the dead trees out but no one wants the wood so what is the answer??????????? all they can do is cut it down and leave in place and tell the public there is free wood for the taking.My thoughts are that there are energy companies that could use it to generate electricity but the logistics of getting it out of the woods and yes the politics entailed with the E.P.A and the Sierra club probably prevents a workable solution so a fire is actually a blessing in some instances.I know the last part will get responses but I have lived it and it is actual truth.My family almost lost our homesteaded property that has been in our family since the 1800's but what mountain communities do is band together to save what is saveable and always be on alert.The problem is people buying vacation homes and not clearing properties of fuel and people visiting the beauty but throwing their cigarettes out the window on the way home.The cedar fire almost took out my home town and a lot of friends lost everything but we rebuild and go on it's all you can do.

Last edited:
Baker, had to delete couple posts due to political statements. I will give you a choice, I can move it to politics forum for you and restore posts if you wish and you can express your opinion with no one complaining or leave it here.

Even though I completely agree with what posts said that were deleted I have to keep politics out or someone will complain, its your call since your a Charter Member....

Last edited:
Hi TH; Leave it here ok. I don't want to step on anyones toes. Sorry if I Posted something better left unsaid. My apologies. Thanks for doing a great job. I just want to see or hear about solutions. I don't know if Politics can be left out but I will do all I can to keep it out ok. Thanks. PEACE:RONB

You got it...👍

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back