What's new

Other silver sources than banks?

Happyspider

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central NC
Detector(s) used
Whites/Minelab
Being fairly new to the board, this topic may have been hashed out several times. Other than banks, what other sources do you work for your halves?

I always ask when I go to a convenience store if they have any in the till, sometimes they do. I regularly go to this one little Indian mom-and-pop store (good bicuits in the morning) and I asked her yesterday if she had any and she had 3 (skunks). She asked me how many was I looking for as she takes them home and throws them in a bucket. I asked how many she had and she replied "maybe a thousand". :o I said if she wasn't keeping them for any real reason that I would buy them from her. She brought them in this morning and I provided wrappers and we sat down at a table and rolled them...turns out she had only 16 rolls and 10 loose, plus 18 Ike dollars that I bought just to have them. I could see some silver as I was rolling them...wound up using those 10 loose ones as swapouts...ended up with:
( 2 ) 64 90%
( 8 ) 40%

I bet thats the shortest road trip I'll ever make, all of 200 yds. But I'm heading out now for a roadtrip to see what I can dig up.

I've been working up a relationship with a local grocery store to hold onto thier halves for me and I will pick them up once a week, so I was wondering if you guys have other ideas for silver sourceing.

-Happyspider-
 
Upvote 0
I go to a lot of garage sales and always ask if they have any old coins. Very rarely do they have any on display, but they say just a minute and run into the house and bring out a small box of something. Happened three times in the last two weeks. Of course I offer more than face value but less than a coin store would pay.

Also check out the reject chutes in all coinstar machines. They do not like foreign or silver coins.
 
I heard there is a mine in Colorado...
 
silvercop said:
dont forget to check the credit unions

CU's are good, if you can get them to sell to you. Problem I keep running into is that I am not a member and they have to have a transaction in the system in order to sell to you.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom