Out in the woods got lit up by some yellowjackets but atleast I got an oldie.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well today silvergurl went out to the woods again for a few hours hoping to find some silver. We walked all over the woods but I was the only one to find a coin today, its an awesome 1903 IH and its my 3rd on for the year. I also found an embossed Pepsi bottle that was still in tacked so I brought it home with me, anybody know about how old it is? It's the size of an embossed coke bottle. Sometime after I found the IH we were hunting along when I saw some yellowjackets exiting a big old log, they poured out faster than anything I have ever seen. Before I knew what was happening I was stung in my gut, I looked down while I was moving quickly away and saw that little bugger trying to sting me like 10 times (I lifted my shirt away from my skin but he kept sting it over and over). Then like a min later I felt another sting on my forearm (by this time we were a good 50-60 feet away and I thought we were out of range but nope that bugger stung me 4 or 5 times before I could brush him off). The stings weren't as bad as a bee sting but after like 5 min it hurt like a son of a gun!!!! :tongue3:

Thanks for lookin and happy huntin everybody.

Attachments

• 901.JPG
    901.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 935
  • 902.JPG
    902.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 935
  • 903.JPG
    903.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 936
  • 901.JPG
    901.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 941
  • 902.JPG
    902.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 938
  • 903.JPG
    903.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 933
Upvote 0

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always thought that the 1940's Pepsi bottle was the coolest looking style. Great Indie as well.

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Out in the woods got lit up by some yellowjackets but atleast I got an oldie

WOW! Way to go on the indian head. That is coooool. You surely earned that one :help:
Awesome find. BTW, if the metal detecting thing doesn't work out, you could always be a body double for Seth Rogan :)

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yipes! :-X I hate those things! >:( Years back I ran over a nest of them with the lawn mower. :-X I didn't think I could move that fast! :D
Great on the Injun find and super bottle! :thumbsup:

Nana :)

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet injun!

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Butler

Feb 19, 2009
Northern Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac; X-1 Probe; Brain!
Very nice IH! Congrats!

I know this is gonna sound bad, but the dark side of me was kinda hoping for some video of TF running around the woods while being chased by Yellowjackets and Silvergurl laughing in the background! ;D Now I know that's not how it happened but my dark side has got some imagination! :tongue1:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice IH for sure, but I love that Pepsi bottle most. I think that may be worth a fair amount too.

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Awesome Pepsi bottle!! I've never seen one like that before. Nice IH too! Gosh, I HATE YELLOWJACKETS!!!! Little &$^(%$rds!!
Sorry about your run in with 'em. You'll never look at the bottle again and not remember the pain from the extraction!

HH,
Moon

Evan/tn

Jul 7, 2009
Detector(s) used
spectra V3,MXT
Re: Out in the woods got lit up by some yellowjackets but atleast I got an oldie

nice injun and bottle keep your distance from bees

John Deere Digger

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2007
So Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Prism5, Minelab SE
Nice find. Sorry you got stung. That was my first experience as a metal detector helper back in the 80's. My Brother in Law had a detector and I went along. All I remember is lifting an old beer cooler at a park and running like heck with wasps in pursuit. The oatmeal bath was not good either.
JDD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread