What's new

Over 50 Bronzes & then rewarded...

CRUSADER

Emerald Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
41,314
Reaction score
48,596
Golden Thread
27
Location
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
27
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Over 50 Bronzes & then rewarded...

Went back to the uneven ploughed field we did last Sunday, its one of our last few options.

Amazingly we had 54 Roman Bronze coins in 6 hours (12 man hours), the same total as the whole of last year on this particular field. We had 4 Roman Silver off here last year & were hoping for more. It wasn't until our last run that Cru'dad got a very clipped Siliqua, probably Honorus ;D

Lots of Roman Pottery pieces..
An early Royal Artillery Button of a variant I need :)
Medieval Casket Key
Medieval Buckle
Roman Pin Head
Roman Lead steelyard Weight
Very please with the steel?/iron? pistol hammer, a first for me 8) Another good reason to clear crappy signals.
Bits...
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    54.4 KB · Views: 891
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    39 KB · Views: 886
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    72.7 KB · Views: 888
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    75.7 KB · Views: 877
  • 5.webp
    5.webp
    43.6 KB · Views: 880
  • 6.webp
    6.webp
    37.6 KB · Views: 874
  • 7.webp
    7.webp
    26.7 KB · Views: 877
Upvote 0
Re: Over 50 Bronzes & then rewarded...

I bet you feel better now :D

Not a bad days bronze count :o I see your dad did the usual though :laughing9:
 
Re: Over 50 Bronzes & then rewarded...

shaun7 said:
I bet you feel better now :D

Not a bad days bronze count :o I see your dad did the usual though :laughing9:

Yeah, I had about 40 of the bronze's & Dad gets the silver on rough land which the Cortes was struggling on ::)
 
Re: Over 50 Bronzes & then rewarded...

CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:
I bet you feel better now :D

Not a bad days bronze count :o I see your dad did the usual though :laughing9:

Yeah, I had about 40 of the bronze's & Dad gets the silver on rough land which the Cortes was struggling on ::)



40 bronzes :o You must have covered some land!
 
Re: Over 50 Bronzes & then rewarded...

shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:
I bet you feel better now :D

Not a bad days bronze count :o I see your dad did the usual though :laughing9:

Yeah, I had about 40 of the bronze's & Dad gets the silver on rough land which the Cortes was struggling on ::)



40 bronzes :o You must have covered some land!

About 2 acres, notice most of them are very small, ones we missed last year.
 
Re: Over 50 Bronzes & then rewarded...

CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:
I bet you feel better now :D

Not a bad days bronze count :o I see your dad did the usual though :laughing9:

Yeah, I had about 40 of the bronze's & Dad gets the silver on rough land which the Cortes was struggling on ::)



40 bronzes :o You must have covered some land!

About 2 acres, notice most of them are very small, ones we missed last year.



There must be some candidates there for electrolysis! I tried it today on the two I found locally :(
 
Re: Over 50 Bronzes & then rewarded...

shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:
CRUSADER said:
shaun7 said:
I bet you feel better now :D

Not a bad days bronze count :o I see your dad did the usual though :laughing9:

Yeah, I had about 40 of the bronze's & Dad gets the silver on rough land which the Cortes was struggling on ::)



40 bronzes :o You must have covered some land!

About 2 acres, notice most of them are very small, ones we missed last year.



There must be some candidates there for electrolysis! I tried it today on the two I found locally :(

Not really, they need to have a certain type of build up (crust).
 
Re: Over 50 Bronzes & then rewarded...

congrats on the finds, thanks for sharing and hh
 
Re: Over 50 Bronzes & then rewarded...

well done :icon_thumright:
 
Re: Over 50 Bronzes & then rewarded...

Very cool. IMO sir you get the Best detectorist of the year T-net award... Is there one? :D
 

Attachments

  • images.webp
    images.webp
    3.3 KB · Views: 725
Re: Over 50 Bronzes & then rewarded...

very good number ...i think that ground(sol)of england dont conserve roman coins
in my land 50/100 are good :icon_thumright:
 
Re: Over 50 Bronzes & then rewarded...

Hey Cru ! you are starting to get me sick with all those great recoveries :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: now kill me

off with a Roman Breast Plate ;D
 
Re: Over 50 Bronzes & then rewarded...

Great stuff there, congrats on all the goodies :hello2:

What's that huge copper disc in the center of the third photo?

hh,
Brian
 
Re: Over 50 Bronzes & then rewarded...

Cal_Cobra said:
Great stuff there, congrats on all the goodies :hello2:

What's that huge copper disc in the center of the third photo?

hh,
Brian

1906 Penny
 
Re: Over 50 Bronzes & then rewarded...

ilyes1113 said:
very good number ...i think that ground(sol)of england dont conserve roman coins
in my land 50/100 are good :icon_thumright:

Some British soil is pretty good, but in my area (heavy Clay) & chemicals on the ploughed fields kill the coins. Only about 1 in 10 are good. :P
 
Re: Over 50 Bronzes & then rewarded...

Like the button! One I still need, but given my drought I'll take pretty much anything I can get!

...and the silver ain't bad either!
 
Re: Over 50 Bronzes & then rewarded...

Hardy said:
Hey Cru ! you are starting to get me sick with all those great recoveries :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: now kill me

off with a Roman Breast Plate ;D

cheers, it was a good day but we are hoping for something a little better tomorrow. However, we will only have 1/2 the hunt time tomorrow :-\
 
Re: Over 50 Bronzes & then rewarded...

Iron Patch said:
Like the button! One I still need, but given my drought I'll take pretty much anything I can get!

...and the silver ain't bad either!
Wow, I thought you may have had this one. Its shank is complete, so I pleased for it to join my collection.

It was a lovely day & the rain came later than forecast, so it was more enjoyable than normal.
 
Re: Over 50 Bronzes & then rewarded...

CRUSADER said:
Iron Patch said:
Like the button! One I still need, but given my drought I'll take pretty much anything I can get!

...and the silver ain't bad either!
Wow, I thought you may have had this one. Its shank is complete, so I pleased for it to join my collection.

It was a lovely day & the rain came later than forecast, so it was more enjoyable than normal.


I don't think I've seen anyone dig one of those here. Kind of a surprise because it easily dates to many of our sites, especially if it's one piece.
 
Re: Over 50 Bronzes & then rewarded...

Iron Patch said:
CRUSADER said:
Iron Patch said:
Like the button! One I still need, but given my drought I'll take pretty much anything I can get!

...and the silver ain't bad either!
Wow, I thought you may have had this one. Its shank is complete, so I pleased for it to join my collection.

It was a lovely day & the rain came later than forecast, so it was more enjoyable than normal.


I don't think I've seen anyone dig one of those here. Kind of a surprise because it easily dates to many of our sites, especially if it's one piece.

Yeah, its a typical domed 1 piece. It has a motto or reg at the bottom in a banner, but can't make out the writting.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom