What's new

Over 50 Bronzes & then rewarded...

CRUSADER

Emerald Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
41,314
Reaction score
48,596
Golden Thread
27
Location
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
27
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Over 50 Bronzes & then rewarded...

Went back to the uneven ploughed field we did last Sunday, its one of our last few options.

Amazingly we had 54 Roman Bronze coins in 6 hours (12 man hours), the same total as the whole of last year on this particular field. We had 4 Roman Silver off here last year & were hoping for more. It wasn't until our last run that Cru'dad got a very clipped Siliqua, probably Honorus ;D

Lots of Roman Pottery pieces..
An early Royal Artillery Button of a variant I need :)
Medieval Casket Key
Medieval Buckle
Roman Pin Head
Roman Lead steelyard Weight
Very please with the steel?/iron? pistol hammer, a first for me 8) Another good reason to clear crappy signals.
Bits...
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    54.4 KB · Views: 891
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    39 KB · Views: 886
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    72.7 KB · Views: 888
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    75.7 KB · Views: 877
  • 5.webp
    5.webp
    43.6 KB · Views: 880
  • 6.webp
    6.webp
    37.6 KB · Views: 874
  • 7.webp
    7.webp
    26.7 KB · Views: 877
Upvote 0
Re: Over 50 Bronzes & then rewarded...

Great job Crusader love to read your posts.

Burdie
 
Re: Over 50 Bronzes & then rewarded...

CRUSADER said:
Iron Patch said:
CRUSADER said:
Iron Patch said:
Like the button! One I still need, but given my drought I'll take pretty much anything I can get!

...and the silver ain't bad either!
Wow, I thought you may have had this one. Its shank is complete, so I pleased for it to join my collection.

It was a lovely day & the rain came later than forecast, so it was more enjoyable than normal.


I don't think I've seen anyone dig one of those here. Kind of a surprise because it easily dates to many of our sites, especially if it's one piece.

Yeah, its a typical domed 1 piece. It has a motto or reg at the bottom in a banner, but can't make out the writting.


UBIQUE (Everywhere)
 
Re: Over 50 Bronzes & then rewarded...

congrats :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: Over 50 Bronzes & then rewarded...

Iron Patch said:
CRUSADER said:
Iron Patch said:
CRUSADER said:
Iron Patch said:
Like the button! One I still need, but given my drought I'll take pretty much anything I can get!

...and the silver ain't bad either!
Wow, I thought you may have had this one. Its shank is complete, so I pleased for it to join my collection.

It was a lovely day & the rain came later than forecast, so it was more enjoyable than normal.


I don't think I've seen anyone dig one of those here. Kind of a surprise because it easily dates to many of our sites, especially if it's one piece.

Yeah, its a typical domed 1 piece. It has a motto or reg at the bottom in a banner, but can't make out the writting.


UBIQUE (Everywhere)
Thanks.
Now that was so obivious, its still on the capbadges made today :D :icon_thumright:
 
Re: Over 50 Bronzes & then rewarded...

:tongue3:
 
Re: Over 50 Bronzes & then rewarded...

Nice finds and hunt! Must have been a large village there or market place. Those coins you cleaned came out very nice. HH, Mike
 
Re: Over 50 Bronzes & then rewarded...

Very nice finds, congrats! :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: Over 50 Bronzes & then rewarded...

And even more.... Didn't see this post.
Great finds :hello2:
 
Re: Over 50 Bronzes & then rewarded...

Wow you did great , Thanks for showing us the photos . WTG :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: Over 50 Bronzes & then rewarded...

Can't even talk or type. :laughing9: A whole display for me in one hunt,amazing Cru. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: :headbang: You must stay down digging holes as much as you are up swinging the detector. Way to show how it's done again Cru. :headbang:
 
Re: Over 50 Bronzes & then rewarded...

timekiller said:
Can't even talk or type. :laughing9: A whole display for me in one hunt,amazing Cru. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: :headbang: You must stay down digging holes as much as you are up swinging the detector. Way to show how it's done again Cru. :headbang:

Very little 'down' with my detecting, no knee pads & knife, just a bend & grab & into the pouch :wink:
 
Re: Over 50 Bronzes & then rewarded...

CRUSADER said:
timekiller said:
Can't even talk or type. :laughing9: A whole display for me in one hunt,amazing Cru. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: :headbang: You must stay down digging holes as much as you are up swinging the detector. Way to show how it's done again Cru. :headbang:

Very little 'down' with my detecting, no knee pads & knife, just a bend & grab & into the pouch :wink:



You're a bit like the SAS......or SDS ;D

Oops, maybe I shouldn't have said anything :-X
 
Re: Over 50 Bronzes & then rewarded...

CRUSADER said:
timekiller said:
Can't even talk or type. :laughing9: A whole display for me in one hunt,amazing Cru. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: :headbang: You must stay down digging holes as much as you are up swinging the detector. Way to show how it's done again Cru. :headbang:

Very little 'down' with my detecting, no knee pads & knife, just a bend & grab & into the pouch :wink:
Gottcha, no knee pads for me either no gloves either raw and to the point. :laughing7: But do carry a machete as I have learned I can be in the middle of a wide open area although not often for me on a wide open area but if so seems a root as big as my arm will be right there in my way. :laughing9: Forgot you hunt the fields but even here I think a spade would be needed in most fields here not very easy dirt here to just plunge in with a hand and pick out coins or anything. Do you use a spade with the handle maybe? :wink:
 
Re: Over 50 Bronzes & then rewarded...

timekiller said:
CRUSADER said:
timekiller said:
Can't even talk or type. :laughing9: A whole display for me in one hunt,amazing Cru. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: :headbang: You must stay down digging holes as much as you are up swinging the detector. Way to show how it's done again Cru. :headbang:

Very little 'down' with my detecting, no knee pads & knife, just a bend & grab & into the pouch :wink:
Gottcha, no knee pads for me either no gloves either raw and to the point. :laughing7: But do carry a machete as I have learned I can be in the middle of a wide open area although not often for me on a wide open area but if so seems a root as big as my arm will be right there in my way. :laughing9: Forgot you hunt the fields but even here I think a spade would be needed in most fields here not very easy dirt here to just plunge in with a hand and pick out coins or anything. Do you use a spade with the handle maybe? :wink:

medium light weight spade, perfect height to use as a walking stick, ie. keeps me balanced on rough ploughed land.
 
Re: Over 50 Bronzes & then rewarded...

CRUSADER said:
timekiller said:
CRUSADER said:
timekiller said:
Can't even talk or type. :laughing9: A whole display for me in one hunt,amazing Cru. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: :headbang: You must stay down digging holes as much as you are up swinging the detector. Way to show how it's done again Cru. :headbang:

Very little 'down' with my detecting, no knee pads & knife, just a bend & grab & into the pouch :wink:
Gottcha, no knee pads for me either no gloves either raw and to the point. :laughing7: But do carry a machete as I have learned I can be in the middle of a wide open area although not often for me on a wide open area but if so seems a root as big as my arm will be right there in my way. :laughing9: Forgot you hunt the fields but even here I think a spade would be needed in most fields here not very easy dirt here to just plunge in with a hand and pick out coins or anything. Do you use a spade with the handle maybe? :wink:

medium light weight spade, perfect height to use as a walking stick, ie. keeps me balanced on rough ploughed land.
Gottcha buddy, and either way you go at it you do well I say. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom