What's new

Over and Out

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2008
Messages
4,291
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Last week I'm driving through snow to pick up my boxes. I'm driving through the snow to dump. I'm dumping at the last minute yesterday morning so I have enough cash to pick up my 14 boxes. I go to pick up my boxes and I get the farthest and only parking space left, and mistakenly carry five boxes instead of 4 to the car. After I'm loaded up I get to carry these coins up a flight of stairs.
This morning while dumping, making 7 50 pound trips to the bank I started thinking... at 57 years old this is starting to feel like work.
Plus as much as I admired President Kennedy I don't ever want to see his face again be it in silver or clad.
So next week I'll pick up 8 boxes instead of 14 and call it quits for a while. If I pick up the elusive dream box I'm still taking a break.
HH
Rich :icon_sunny:
 
Upvote 0
Ill be sorry if you stop posting but i cant say ill be sorry when im in CT looking for a score lol.
 
Get some rest on your sabbatical Rich. We'll hold down the fort.
Gilbert
 
Breaks are refreshing in the sense that it helps clear your head. I usually take summer breaks and get my fix dirt fishing. Sometimes though, it's hard to shake that monkey off your back. Good luck! ffd
 
Understand how you feel. I think I'm going to quit pretty soon myself. The same reason, dumping becomes a work instead of hobby.
 
Yinzi50 said:
Understand how you feel. I think I'm going to quit pretty soon myself. The same reason, dumping becomes a work instead of hobby.

Probably good to take a break. Personally I don't want to chance losing my dump banks as I've been pushing the envelope these past couple of months. So I'll give it a rest,preserve my dump banks, and maybe give it a go in the future.
The silver will still be out there.
HH
Rich
 
I can see it now.
Your next 8 will be dream boxes and you'll change your mind... :D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom