What's new

Pages Patent Hartford Ct 1849

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2006
Messages
5,249
Reaction score
1,102
Golden Thread
1
Location
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
My first thought when I dug this item today was that it was part of a revolver, but now I do not have any idea. I cannot find any thing on Pages in Hartford in 1849. It looks like some type of shield with the above mentioned phrase. Anyone have any idea?
001.webp003.webp004.webp
006.webp
 
It is a sash fastener patented by Lewis B. Page. :)


-Buck
 
Upvote 0
BuckleBoy said:
It is a sash fastener patented by Lewis B. Page. :)


-Buck

I had a feeling you would be the one, Buck!

Thanks!
 
Upvote 0
Neil in West Jersey said:
BuckleBoy said:
It is a sash fastener patented by Lewis B. Page. :)


-Buck

I had a feeling you would be the one, Buck!

Thanks!

Every once in a great while, I beat the rest of the fray to the punch. :wink:
 
Upvote 0
Patent number 6,696 is one of the earliest patents Ive seen posted here.
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Patent number 6,696 is one of the earliest patents Ive seen posted here.

Especially when you consider that the US patent office now processes 150,000 per year!
 
Upvote 0
Neil in West Jersey said:
bigcypresshunter said:
Patent number 6,696 is one of the earliest patents Ive seen posted here.

Especially when you consider that the US patent office now processes 150,000 per year!

It seems like a lot of the early patents just had the last name and were stamped on the material culture in a similar way to the piece you posted. Later patents most often had month/year or even day/month/year dates rather than just a year, as well as a full name and sometimes even middle initial stamped in.
 
Upvote 0
Good job Buckles!! :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Spur ID
Replies
8
Views
756
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED From a shipwreck
Replies
2
Views
456

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom