What's new

Panama City Florida

jf504mp

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2008
Messages
58
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Hi All, well I will be in the Panama City area sometime this winter and was wondering if there are any of you who have spent any time there hunting? I have never hunted on a beach before. Any tips would be apprectiated. I have a Whites XLT. Do you think it would be wise to get one of those sand scopes on a pole? I don't know what they are called for sure.

Thanks alot.....John
 
or an army shovel you can turn it in to a shovel hoe....
 
unless ya like bending down every couple minutes i'd suggest a long handled sand scoop.
 
I've hunted those beaches in the past. My cousin lives just north of the beaches in town. Be prepared for lots of tabs and especially bottle caps and cans. Florida had no can or bottle deposit laws back in the late '80s when I hunted there.........Good Luck! NGE
 
nowgittineverything said:
I've hunted those beaches in the past. My cousin lives just north of the beaches in town. Be prepared for lots of tabs and especially bottle caps and cans. Florida had no can or bottle deposit laws back in the late '80s when I hunted there.........Good Luck! NGE

Ditto. Was there once at a private beach back mid 80's. Couldn't believe the trash. Wondered how many people ripped their feet apart on the cans and trash. Don't remember finding any goodies...couple pieces of modern coinage...but I was using an old t/r that wouldn't balance in the sand either...so...

Al
 
I hunted those beaches every weekend... get out there early, lots and lots and lots of trash.....might get lucky and find a dropped ring ot two or 3 and some change..... :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom