What's new

Paper Silver and $90 in Halves

JJtheRollHunter

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2009
Messages
418
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
I go into a Chase inside an Albertsons about 10 miles from my house because they have $90 in machine rolled halves. The teller asks me what I'm looking for and I didn't want to, but I told her pre-70. Then she asks me if I know anything about old paper money and I told her yes. She said some idiot cashed in 52 Silver Certificates and she even told him what they were and he still didn't care. She wanted to know the value, so I told her depending on the condition, $1.75 to $2.00. I told her I wish I could find one and she said if I come back tomorrow, she'll give me two of them for face value. The halves were skunks and when I got to the bank I gave her $2 and a thank you note with a list of things to keep an eye out for, such as star notes. I got a 1957 and a 1957B star note. I even told her about the star notes and she said she wasn't paying attention, she was just looking through them for the nicest two to give to me. It turns out she is a paper money hunter and the other two tellers are coin collectors. They said if they find another bulk lot they will give me a call. What a great day!
 
Upvote 0
Always good to have tellers working with you. It's too bad that your seem fairly well educated on collecting. They'll likely be keeping all the really good stuff for themselves.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
Kantuckkeean said:
Always good to have tellers working with you. It's too bad that your seem fairly well educated on collecting. They'll likely be keeping all the really good stuff for themselves.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
Yeah, that's my luck when it comes to bank tellers. Well, at least you got a couple silver certificates out of it JJ.
 
I AM confused, explain what you will be getting? skunks and part lots i guess? 1 teller collects paper 2 collects coins, so where are you in this equation? BUT GL if your happy I am happy for you
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom