What's new

paper thin flake point

GatorBoy

Gold Member
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
14,812
Reaction score
6,156
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think in the southern half of Florida these would be pretty common considering the lack of local lithic material.
You could make alot of these with one supply stone.
Well.. I never found many ..pretty cool though..its almost uniface.
Mabey I just didn't see them. :-(
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20130428_212702.webp
    ForumRunner_20130428_212702.webp
    24.3 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Made from a flake I would guess.
 
Yeah that's why the title says flake point. LOL.
 
nice one gator,looks older if you hold it sideways does it look like a fighter jet.
 
I guess you could say that.
Its thicker at the tip than the base.
 
GB,

Up here in the NE, I have seen small points referred to as "bird" points. Are the southern points given the same designation, or are they primarily for another use?
 
People say that but its basically just a slang term.. it has nothing to do with actual use.
Some may have been used on birds down here.. we have some very large Cranes and Herons but the term "birdpoint" is not a proper descriptive name at all.
That little thing on a shaft could take down alot of mammals ..its all about placement.
One good shot in the lung cavity and its just a matter of time.
A small point might actually have a better chance of sliding between ribs.
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom