Park Basketball Tear Out

Got-Good-Tones

Mar 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Live right across from a local park (About a 100' away) which I've been going over very slowly with my detector for about the last month or so in the afternoons. Seems they will be doing a basketball court tear out (About 50' x 100' in size) and replace the concrete here shortly (Probably this week) Have a open ended permission for the entire park...as I was showing the local folks that are responsible for the park some of the nasty/rusty/mangled metal and stuff that I was finding in the park. To make a long story short...park has been there for ~50-60 years...so no telling what might be under the concrete area being torn out and replaced. Lady that locks up the park at night has already talked with the guy doing the work...letting him know that I'll be in there right after he rips up the old concrete...and that it's OK for me to be in there. Pretty stoked right now...:headbang:

They even gave me a key so I can get in the park after hours if I want to...:headbang:

Last edited:
Upvote 30

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good l been lucky in street tearout so I think u will do good. Good luck

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best of luck!! Looking forward to seeing all the treasure you are going to find :skullflag:

Brendan75

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2017
Pretoria
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800/ Garrett AT pro/ Minelab X- terra 305/ Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, best of luck. I hope you find some nice things under the concrete:icon_thumleft:

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man good for you! Hope you find lots of stuff to post!

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s great news. Permission with a key. Good luck.

OP
OP
G

Got-Good-Tones

Mar 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well CRAP...:BangHead: Was just talking with the guy that cuts the grass in the park (Buddy of mine...who keeps me in the loop on what's going on with the park) Seems they will be pushing back the tear out until ~ mid August...putting in a bunch of cameras' due to some recent vandalism in the park...due to budget constraints...yada yada yada. Will keep ya in the loop as I find out more info...When it does go down (The tear out) will post pictures if I find anything of interest.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If its 50 to 60 years old, chances are good that there will be some descent finds. I'd pitch a tent there, until your mission is complete !

OP
OP
G

Got-Good-Tones

Mar 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If its 50 to 60 years old, chances are good that there will be some descent finds. I'd pitch a tent there, until your mission is complete !

No need to pitch a tent...Live right across the street from the park...:laughing7: Takes about a minute to get to the park gate...and that's if I'm walking really slow...:laughing7:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How old is your house? If the basketball court has been there since the park was built, There probably won't be much if anything under the pavement, unless the area was in use before it was a park. Hate to burst your bubble, but, 50-60 years old is just not old enough for me to get too excited. That's right at the end of the silver era and the beginning of the clad. Have you found anything good in the rest of the park?

OP
OP
G

Got-Good-Tones

Mar 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How old is your house? If the basketball court has been there since the park was built, There probably won't be much if anything under the pavement, unless the area was in use before it was a park. Hate to burst your bubble, but, 50-60 years old is just not old enough for me to get too excited. That's right at the end of the silver era and the beginning of the clad. Have you found anything good in the rest of the park?

Looks like people were using it prior to it actually becoming a public park. Did find a 1918 S wheat penny yesterday in another section of the park (currently have it soaking in some olive oil)...regardless...it will be interesting to say the least to check the ground under the basketball court after they rip it up. Ya just never know what's still out there waiting to be found...

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's true......good luck! :icon_thumleft:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Be sure to post the treasure you find. Good luck.

OP
OP
G

Got-Good-Tones

Mar 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like park basketball tear out is back on track...should be happening right around the 15th of August...lady that locks up the park said she would also give the local police a heads up just in case I need to be in there after dark...after they rip up the concrete...:headbang:

OP
OP
G

Got-Good-Tones

Mar 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like park basketball tear out is back on track (For sure this time)...city council voted on it just recently...also received an email from my contact at city hall stating that it "Was Going To Happen"...so should be happening last week in September. Looking forward to getting in there to check things out...:headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions