What's new

✅ SOLVED Partial shoe buckle

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2006
Messages
1,930
Reaction score
811
Golden Thread
0
Location
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was invited on a group hunt where I dug this shoe buckle minus the frame. Can anyone estimate the time frame and what kind of shoe this might have been worn on? Quarter for size comparison. Thanks. MM2
 

Attachments

  • DSCN4380.webp
    DSCN4380.webp
    107.7 KB · Views: 120
Loop chape with double spike tongue roughly from 1720 to 1770. Nice find ! As for the type of shoe....I will say it is from a standard clodhopper, size 10 1/2 D :laughing7:
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Loop chape with double spike tongue roughly from 1720 to 1770. Nice find ! As for the type of shoe....I will say it is from a standard clodhopper, size 10 1/2 D :laughing7:
Thanks Jeff. 10 1/2, that's my size.:laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
I dunno-really cool find though!:laughing7:

Doolin88
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom