Patiently Awaiting New AT Pro!

Birky

Apr 19, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I applaud the action that was taken. I came to this site because there was virtually non of the type of behavior I witnessed from that user. Keep up the good work!

I agree 100% and wouldn't have even bothered to acknowledge him had I read this first.
However, I had enough of his shameless bellyaching and couldn't help myself...

Thank you for finally taking action and hopefully he wises up!

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ah so the truth finally comes out..poor kid spent up all his milk money on the AT Pro and couldn't figure out how to properly utilize it's features...now he's on a life long Garrett hating temper-tantrum:laughing9:

I wondered before why you spent so much time whining about this machine instead of actually learning it's functionality..you've solved that mystery for me once and for all CrustyNails.

HH those bottlecaps.
Really? This couldn't be left alone? Really?
Kind of speculative view about another member that could almost be viewed as a personal attack. As at least one mod has already pointed out in this thread, it's against TNet rules.

Friggin petty tit for tat BS!

On a more positive note and in an effort to get this back on topic:
Got my 5x8 today and got a short hunt in. The new coil really help the balance and it has found targets as deep as I've seen with the bigger coil. Thanks to everyone on the recommendation.
Still looking for the ATP to show me some true depth though.

Last edited:

Birky

Apr 19, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really? This couldn't be left alone? Really?
Kind of speculative view about another member that could almost be viewed as a personal attack. As at least one mod has already pointed out in this thread, it's against TNet rules.

Friggin petty tit for tat BS!

On a more positive note and in an effort to get this back on topic:
Got my 5x8 today and got a short hunt in. The new coil really help the balance and it has found targets as deep as I've seen with the bigger coil. Thanks to everyone on the recommendation.
Still looking for the ATP to show me some true depth though.

I admit I may have stooped to his level a bit on that one and I'm not proud of that, but as I said one can only take so much of that nonsense.

Anyhow, good luck with the AT Pro.

Teamed with that 5x8 it's sure to grow on you like a festering boil:laughing7:

HH

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You get any 8 inch hits with that at pro yet?...and do those 6 inch wheats tell you there quarter/dimes like the 350 does?...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You get any 8 inch hits with that at pro yet?...and do those 6 inch wheats tell you there quarter/dimes like the 350 does?...

dusty, there are times 6 " ( & other depth) wheats pass for dimes on my Minelab ExplorerSE
by sound & position on the meter.

Sorry but no detector is fool proof between copper , silver & clad.

Ya-Gots-ta-dig :laughing7:

Last edited:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I targeted a 8" signal with my Vx3 last week (it's the deepest non big iron I've seen in a couple of weeks) and then checked it with the ATP. The ATP sounded much clearer and I had no doubt about it being a wheat. It was!
As for the 6" wheats...the ATP targets them as pennies every time.(so far)
The ATP is really nothing like the 350 boat anchor, paperweight POS. It really stands above it in every way. While I do have issues with the AT, it does perform pretty well. The audio speaks volumes to the user. The display info isn't perfect but it IS much better than the Ace series. I use the audio to tell me what's what & don't rely on the notches. VDI #'s don't seem any more jumpy than I'm use to on either of my Whites.
I run it wide open all the time now. Pro Mode Zero w/zero iron disc. I could never run either of my Whites like that I don't think.
If we meet up, I'll let you try it out. However, it took me about 15-20hrs to start to learn the audio language. Now bottle caps are pretty easy to tell from good targets most of the time.
I think if you used for some time you'd come to like its strong points same as me (another former Garrett hater).
Now if you'll excuse me, it's just past noon & I have to get out of bed and go hunting!
Peace out posse!

bush13st_beav3r

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah so the truth finally comes out..poor kid spent up all his milk money on the AT Pro and couldn't figure out how to properly utilize it's features...now he's on a life long Garrett hating temper-tantrum:laughing9:

I wondered before why you spent so much time whining about this machine instead of actually learning it's functionality..you've solved that mystery for me once and for all CrustyNails.

HH those bottlecaps.

Lmfao,....love it

Edit: hit submit too quick... Planning on getting a supersniper for my atp, can anyone shed some light on this coil for me as far as performing as my daily coil...or should I get another shaft and keep my stock coil at the batters mound ready to dig when I leave the trashy spots?....planning on getting the 5x8 too, but I'm getting a good deal from s good man and gotta go w the snipe first
-beav3r

Last edited:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lmfao,....love it

Edit: hit submit too quick... Planning on getting a supersniper for my atp, can anyone shed some light on this coil for me as far as performing as my daily coil...or should I get another shaft and keep my stock coil at the batters mound ready to dig when I leave the trashy spots?....planning on getting the 5x8 too, but I'm getting a good deal from s good man and gotta go w the snipe first
-beav3r

I havent tried the sniper but seems ud be pretty limited to use of it,if u grab the 5x8 most likley unless u go to a large feild that will become ur daily coil

bush13st_beav3r

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, I figured it'd b very selected for use....but three or more of my hunting spots are trasshhhhhhhyyyy, and I need a snipe to get the goldddd...really want that 5*8 too, but, I'm going to haveto pay for that w my digs....w that sniper tho....shouldn't take long

-beav3r

Nirros

Jan 8, 2012
Dexter, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
8.5x11
5x8
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 5x8 is absolutely awesome for trashy areas. I don't own a sniper coil but from what I read and saw in videos they allow you to get closer to stationary metal objects....bleachers,slides,etc.... the 5x8 would in my opinion and you wont lose depth like you will with the sniper. Plus if you notch down your sensitivity you can get quite cloae with the 5x8

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Dustytrails. ANY metal detector has a learning curve. If you the user can master using any machine you will have much better take home than the novice. If you have an inexpensive machine and you think you have it mastered because you only dig for sure targets like quarters and such then more power to you! I'd like to see you watch someone else dig some real treasure behind you and maybe give you an idea that there might be more to this hobby than a belltone. If you are happy, why complain so much about a machine you don't use? Get over it and get out in the field! It all about having fun.

I bought my AT around 9-1-2011. Five days later, not five hunts, five days, I found three gold rings that paid for the machine. I have many many more nice gold finds and a nice pile of silver.
One other little tid bit. I found a 1886 indian head penny at 9 to 10" using the stock coil in trashy area. I was getting a constant reapeatable audio high tone at a wisper. No visual target display from the machine as it was too deep.
I do have concerns with depth but I'm comparing it to the old static machines and they would pick up some deep targets.
I've bought a Minelab explorer se pro with my clad but haven't actually used it much because I just know the AT so well.
Ive' got a learning curve to get over and am having a hard time jumping in because I keep paying for the at pro over and over again with awesome finds. HH all.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dustytrails. ANY metal detector has a learning curve. If you the user can master using any machine you will have much better take home than the novice. If you have an inexpensive machine and you think you have it mastered because you only dig for sure targets like quarters and such then more power to you! I'd like to see you watch someone else dig some real treasure behind you and maybe give you an idea that there might be more to this hobby than a belltone. If you are happy, why complain so much about a machine you don't use? Get over it and get out in the field! It all about having fun.

Maybe i could find some real treasure? well heres the first ring i found 4 days after getting my detector http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/292666-hand-made-silver-ring.html
and heres the link to the first park containing so called treasure....13 silver i dug in a day i doubt many of you will rise to that challenge you might hunt a life time to compete with a day like that ...http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/general-discussion/293987-honey-hole.html...and for a gold ring yes i found 1 of them too http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/today-s-finds/307474-first-gold-ring-1917-dime.html
....now that we established i know how to use said machine lets get down to the brass tax.... the sniper coil for garretts... ok well if your a tot lot hunter id say go for it but they really have no application besides that they dont go deep there so small you cant cover much ground...and on my ace atleast they throw off the target id....nails become quarter/dimes and pull tabs become nickels

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: sniper coil...No need as I see right now.

I'm not normally a tot lot hunter but I did one today just to see how well the 5x8 would do. That thing was like a Hoover with all the coins it was sucking up. Ran it in Pro Zero w/zero iron & sens turned down to 1. Seem to work really well and I could get with in 4" of the metal post. Even pulled a Wheat JUST outside the wood chips.

Anyone wanna buy a Whites Vx3? lol

Nirros

Jan 8, 2012
Dexter, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
8.5x11
5x8
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fella......within days I have seen ypu do an almost complete 180 on the ATpro as I figured you might. I'm glad you're liking it more and more

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree it is kinda funny from hate to like lol

OP
OP
fella

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fella......within days I have seen ypu do an almost complete 180 on the ATpro as I figured you might. I'm glad you're liking it more and more
Yes, you're right. I had a more negative view of the ATPro when I first started with it. I kept at it,even leaving the Whites at home so I'd be forced to use and learn it. Once it clicked, I really started liking it's performance and audio communication. Putting the 5x8 coil really made the machine come alive as well. Took care of most of the balance issues and I can't believe how much better it can pick good targets amidst the trash even when it's side by side, or over/under or even touching.
As I've stated in another post I'm not brand loyal at all. I'll use what I like and get rid of what I don't.
If I was forced to only keep one machine right now the ATP would be the one. I still have issues some of the things about it but I can overlook them as long as it keeps performing the way it does.

I agree it is kinda funny from hate to like lol
Well...to be fair I never said I hated it. I did find more negative than positive things about it though. Now I'm more positive than negative.

*edit*
If Tesoro had come out with this machine painted it brown/gold, the Tesoro fans would say it's the greatest detector ever made. Same with Whites. If they had come out with it packaged into an E series layout they could have charged $1000 buck for and it & White guys (of which I'm one) would say "Best Ever"!

Last edited:

Nirros

Jan 8, 2012
Dexter, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
8.5x11
5x8
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol....agree. I'm also not brand loyal and I'm currently contemplating a ctx3030 as an upgrade (not that I need to upgrade) I would love to try one for about a week first or maybe an etrac just to do a side by side personal evaluation so to speak.

Nirros

Jan 8, 2012
Dexter, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
8.5x11
5x8
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Meant to add "unless garrett has a new machine in the works"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread