What's new

pawn shop finds

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I check pawn shops for arrowheads to purchase. The reason is most will sell their collections when they need quick cash. Pawn shops get a good price and in return so do I. I scored some good looking pieces. Got some nice points and 2 game pieces.
 

Attachments

  • 100_4704.webp
    100_4704.webp
    201.6 KB · Views: 166
  • 100_4707.webp
    100_4707.webp
    146.3 KB · Views: 170
  • 100_4720.webp
    100_4720.webp
    160.9 KB · Views: 158
Upvote 0
I saw some nice Florida points and blades at a big Central Florida flea market two days ago.
 
Nice ones rock! Those game pieces are killer!
 
Good job Rock, those game pieces are really amazing!!
 
Nice Rock! Watch those shady pawn brokers. Lol! I think you did well here. I used to find those pottery game pieces every trip to the lake. The last one I found was pretty bad off. I have a frame full of them. They are rare.
 
what good are game pieces without the rules?
 
They had about 30 pieces but I picked the best ones.
 
Good job Rock, those game pieces are really amazing!!

I liked the game pieces due to the designs on them. I have only found 1 in the past but it was plain. The pawn shop said yeah we have some rocks you can look at, lol
 
Everything looks right to me including the type of patina from the area they were found... And the older

ForumRunner_20140106_210011.webp

of them being made from a type of material commonly used in much older artifacts in this area... Some heavily patinated bay bottom chert. (The dark ones)
 
pretty, It was 24 degrees today in GA and you are wearing sandals!
 
That was Saturday morning it was 74 degrees that same spot is supposed to be 28 degrees tomorrow morning
 
Low tonight of 7, dang its cold.
 
Nice rock I bet you were cold haha just miserable out for sure
 
They all look good Rock! May try leaving your phone number with them. I know of some people who do and the pawn shop / antique shop will call them when any come in.
 
Hey Gator, For flea market pieces they do look pretty good. There is one around here and they sell obvious fakes, not even Fl. types but those colored ones look like kind of a Marion/Thonatassa type. The dark ones maybe Wasissas? Did you buy them?
 
No didn't buy.. but did get to hunt some private land near a well known lake. :-) I think the man would have taken less.
He had alot of items that gave him away as a real Fla. cracker..some nice fossils too.
 
They all look good Rock! May try leaving your phone number with them. I know of some people who do and the pawn shop / antique shop will call them when any come in.

I talked to the owner and he said call every month and see if anything else has come in new. He had some others but they were very field grade in color and quality. He also said he had one he couldnt find that would be more $ but would be worth it. I am hoping he finds it sounded like a Dalton type or the other large type.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom