What's new

Peace out

tcim ... You can't leave it would not be the same here with you gone..... Tell me your just pulling our chain............
 
Hey Jarhead... good to hear from you again. Nothing directed at you but your post reminded me of what one of the Milwaukee police sgt's said to me many years ago.To paraphrase... We are all like a hand in a bucket of water. While splashing around and making waves, everyone notices us. But, as we settle down and be still, the waves dissappear and very few seem to know we are there anymore. Take care, my friend. Terry

That says it all right there fellow Jarhead!! Semper Fi!
 
Well, if nothing else you have to appreciate ticm's style. His goodbye was short and sweet, not unlike his normal comments. Also note, that he's not dragging out his goodbye either, he said his piece (or peace out, if you prefer) and vanished. Poof, like a puff of smoke.

Now if it were me, I'd go kicking and screaming. I'd post enough replies for a book that would turn into a movie deal :headbang: OK, maybe not a book, or a movie; but surely a short story with Lifetime wanting to make some deal for the rights :laughing7:
 
I just gotta add... that sailboat better be a Prairie 32 cutter rig with tanbark sails... like mine! TTC
 
I just gotta add... that sailboat better be a Prairie 32 cutter rig with tanbark sails... like mine! TTC
Terry,I haven't got past the canoe yet.
 
Dang just when T-net was getting interesting & you bail....Why?
 
Say it isn't so... I hope he didn't go.
 
Any bets on whether he comes back? I say within a week he will be back.
 
Well we all have to go some time.... He is probably up there on a soft white cloud:angel2: looking down at us and reading our post's.........
 
Wow, I really never thought about it like that. Kinda like looking down on your own funeral.
 
You think he actually died? That would be sad. If so, somebody let me know so I can say a pray for the departed. If that is the case then let this serve as a lament to TICM. If he is still alive then I hope you read this and take some solace in it:

Abou Ben Adhem
by: James Henry Leigh Hunt

Abou Ben Adhem (may his tribe increase!)
Awoke one night from a deep dream of peace,
And saw, within the moonlight in his room,
Making it rich, and like a lily in bloom,
An Angel writing in a book of gold:
Exceeding peace had made Ben Adhem bold,
And to the Presence in the room he said,
"What writest thou?" The Vision raised its head,
And with a look made of all sweet accord
Answered, "The names of those who love the Lord."
"And is mine one?" said Abou. "Nay, not so,"
Replied the Angel. Abou spoke more low,
But cheerly still; and said, "I pray thee, then,
Write me as one that loves his fellow-men."

The Angel wrote, and vanished, The next night
It came again with a great wakening light,
And showed the names whom love of God had blessed,
And, lo! Ben Adhem's name led all the rest!

RIP: TICM loved his fellow men.
 
Wait, ticm left? noooooooo!. That guy was funny. Too bad he left, that's a shame.
 
sonofadigger said:
Yep tnet just hasn't been the same ever since he left

He's been gone since early December and I'm just now finding out !! Why am I always the last to know of landmark events? Got to wondering about him today so I searched TNet and found his swan song. I miss getting poked in the eye with a sharp stick. That guy had a sharp sense of humor. He could tell you to go swallow a fish bone sideways and you'd consider it a compliment.

Maybe he will reincarnate under another name and avatar, but he won't be able to disguise his "one liner" style.

M
 
:dontknow: I enjoyed reading his post for years. I am bummed when this happens.
 
I starting to worry about our members on here! Is something bad going around!?

And what happened to my good friend Native Floridian... Did he go back to New Jersey!?:laughing7:
 
It's kinda weird, this is the only post you made and Its almost as if you just joined to take a stab at this tnetter
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom