What's new

Penny Trifecta, wheats, 3 LARGE CENTS and FLYING EAGLE!!!!!!UPDATED PICS****

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2008
Messages
4,949
Reaction score
2,326
Golden Thread
0
Location
NorthWest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok guys I am having a hard time calming down, I just had the best day in a field EVER!!!!! :thumbsup:

First I dug a 1917 wheat, then I got a large cent, sweet my 2nd ever LC.

Then I dug a 1857 flying eagle!!!! BUT.........it was holed, right in the middle!!!!!! :help:
Can you believe my luck!!!
I am still pumped, it is a one of a kind Flying Eagle. That made my penny trifecta.

Then I got another wheat cent, which was the 500th wheat of the year! :hello2:

My hunting partner Charlie got a sweet 1863 store card token, pics on my video, it is a cool find. We weren't finding much more so we moved down to the next homesite, .........the 1st good signal was a #44 on my x-70, I was praying...PLEASE GOD let this be a silver half dollar! :laughing7:

Well I dug done and found my 2nd large cent of the day, this is unreal, I was doing the happy dance. :icon_thumleft:
Did my video, then re-scanned the hole. Would you believe I got a strong signal in the hole, and it was a 3rd large cent?!!!! 2 LARGE CENTS IN ONE HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tongue3: :laughing7:

I was on cloud nine.............3 large cents in one day.......in NW OHIO, that is almost unheard of. This is just my best day in the field EVER!!!!! ;D

3 large cents.......... :thumbsup:
Flying eagle, even with the hole I am happy
and my 500th wheat for the year!!!!!
here is the youtube video!!!


I added some "after tumbling" pics, want to give credit to Merf for the idea, I was able to clean them up, improve their looks and even got a date off the one I could not see before...1842 !

S6303718.jpg


S6303719.jpg


S6303720.jpg


S6303722.jpg


S6303723.jpg
 

Attachments

  • S6303769.webp
    S6303769.webp
    97.3 KB · Views: 317
  • S6303770.webp
    S6303770.webp
    76.1 KB · Views: 327
  • S6303764.webp
    S6303764.webp
    23 KB · Views: 322
Upvote 0
Re: Penny Trifecta, wheats, 3 LARGE CENTS and FLYING EAGLE!!!!!!

Big congrats on the LCs and Flyer! :headbang: Holed coins are ok in my book....more personal. :thumbsup:
 
Re: Penny Trifecta, wheats, 3 LARGE CENTS and FLYING EAGLE!!!!!!

:BangHead: I can't believe what they did to that eagle. Still a nice find. :thumbsup:
 
Re: Penny Trifecta, wheats, 3 LARGE CENTS and FLYING EAGLE!!!!!!

Damn Terry I knew I should have invited myself up today :laughing7: Too bad about the eagle. I'd love to find one of them. Nice job on the LC's :hello2:
 
Re: Penny Trifecta, wheats, 3 LARGE CENTS and FLYING EAGLE!!!!!!

Holy crapola! What a day you had indeed! Congratulations on everything. :thumbsup:
 
Re: Penny Trifecta, wheats, 3 LARGE CENTS and FLYING EAGLE!!!!!!

GREAT recoveries!!!!!!!!
Congratulations on the tri!
Nice video.
 
Re: Penny Trifecta, wheats, 3 LARGE CENTS and FLYING EAGLE!!!!!!

I'd be very happy with those finds.
Newt
 
Re: Penny Trifecta, wheats, 3 LARGE CENTS and FLYING EAGLE!!!!!!

Big congratulations on the flying eagle and the three large cents!!! :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: Penny Trifecta, wheats, 3 LARGE CENTS and FLYING EAGLE!!!!!!

Wow, greats finds, Congrats! :thumbsup:

Good luck,
HH.
 
Re: Penny Trifecta, wheats, 3 LARGE CENTS and FLYING EAGLE!!!!!!

that is an awesome bunch of coins
 
Re: Penny Trifecta, wheats, 3 LARGE CENTS and FLYING EAGLE!!!!!!

nice haul ...
 
Re: Penny Trifecta, wheats, 3 LARGE CENTS and FLYING EAGLE!!!!!!

Great finds got to love those coppers!!!!!!!!!!

Bubba65
 
Re: Penny Trifecta, wheats, 3 LARGE CENTS and FLYING EAGLE!!!!!!

thanks everyone for the kind comments, I am still on a high!!!!
 
Re: Penny Trifecta, wheats, 3 LARGE CENTS and FLYING EAGLE!!!!!!

That's

what

I'm

talkin' about!!!!!

Nice, congrats on the 3 largies and the donut holed Eagle cent, I can feel the excitement from here. You really make me want to go out detecting again. :icon_thumright:
 
Re: Penny Trifecta, wheats, 3 LARGE CENTS and FLYING EAGLE!!!!!!

looks like a great day!
 
Re: Penny Trifecta, wheats, 3 LARGE CENTS and FLYING EAGLE!!!!!!

wow!!! looks like someone had a very productive day. sorry about the eagle :'( but a holed eagle is better than no eagle. and it does make me want to go out hunting. congrats. willy
 
Re: Penny Trifecta, wheats, 3 LARGE CENTS and FLYING EAGLE!!!!!!

Nice finds...looks like someone made s washer out of that eagle.
 
Re: Penny Trifecta, wheats, 3 LARGE CENTS and FLYING EAGLE!!!!!!

That is one heck of a day. Big congrats on all the great digs......jgas
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom