Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
AgAddict said:
First two hole boxes ever and mf'n skunks....so very depressing...had to go buy some today to satisfy the itch....maybe next time
My last couple years have been like that. But we keep on keepin on.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i don't nnow what to say, you're getting angry at 2 skunk boxes... I just ended a 17 box skunk streak with holed boxes, be patient with this hobby or quit.

HH! :icon_sunny:

cecropia_moth

Feb 10, 2010
Upset over two skunks?!?!?

Try averaging 8 out of 10 being skunks with the other two boxes usually giving up one or two 40%. Sort 40 boxes in a month to get maybe three 90% and perhaps a tube of 40% if lucky. This just makes the boxes with 10+ silvers which seem to come around about one time every four months so great. And to make matters worse in Wisconsin every bank has a counter so there will NEVER be the solid 40% CWRs that some report. CWRs just don't exist here. Gone are the days at least in my area where you could actually count on 4-5 40% per box average. Some area still seem to produce though -- maybe you are in one of those locales. Keep working it.

Jeff

cbrtriple8

Aug 11, 2011
2 Pepe Le Pews ain't nothing compare to 38 grande Le gordo skunks, keep it up, grass-hopper!!

OP
OP
A

AgAddict

Tenderfoot
Jan 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, well obviously I struck a chord with some of you. I do apologize, for I had just got finished and was a little pissed. I was just venting. I understand that there will be a lot of skunks, but I guess I just had my hopes up for a little beginners luck. I will try again with halves, dimes, and might as well nickels, since I already have a bunch in my closet. And yes, I know how to spell whole....a little play on words I guess, as in stinky boxes or big ol' fat zero boxes. But whatever.

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
AgAddict said:
Ok, well obviously I struck a chord with some of you. I do apologize, for I had just got finished and was a little pissed. I was just venting. I understand that there will be a lot of skunks, but I guess I just had my hopes up for a little beginners luck. I will try again with halves, dimes, and might as well nickels, since I already have a bunch in my closet. And yes, I know how to spell whole....a little play on words I guess, as in stinky boxes or big ol' fat zero boxes. But whatever.

It's all good.

Please don't feel like you need to justify what you post and definitely don't read too much into smart alec replies.

There's nothing wrong with posting about skunks. You will find though that there will be someone who can trump your skunk. They reply with the one-ups-man-ship for the same reason you posted - to share the misery.

As for the stupidity that I posted about (hole vs whole), it was to continue GH's lewd muffin joke - not to nit pick your post.

OP
OP
A

AgAddict

Tenderfoot
Jan 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's all good, no harm no foul. I admire the patience and willingness to stick with it of all of you CRH's, and I am here to learn as much as I can. :read2:

conpewter

Aug 17, 2010
Illinois
Go for some cent boxes, very rare to skunk out on those :) I do those when I have more down time, may even fill a hole in the album (rare).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions