What's new

Permission Mission was a Success!

romeo-1

Gold Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2005
Messages
9,863
Reaction score
7,127
Golden Thread
3
Location
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Put in a full 9 hours today after getting permission for a site I've been eyeing for a couple years. There were two fields, a big one and a small one. We spent a lot of time in the big field because it looked most promising. After striking out I finally moved to the smaller field and the targets started coming out. A couple shoe buckles, the usual musketballs, some buttons and five coppers including a decent Geo III and a farthing. I think the Geo III is 1775...lots of detail left at any rate.

Beautiful day to be swinging!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431026047.077971.webp

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431026137.743174.webp

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431026221.831740.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 36
That's how our militia site was here... we tried the bigger areas and had one little section left, and the scary part is if IH would have said let's jet, after digging nothing I likely would have said yes.


Farthings don't show up often, and funny there wasn't more buttons.
 
The last picture is one of the buttons...it's old and I was hoping military but looks civilian.
 
The last picture is one of the buttons...it's old and I was hoping military but looks civilian.


Looks like a tombac, so pretty unlikely, but would get you thinking if the scratches that look like a 7 was the first digit.
 
Looks like you're getting into the hotspot buddy. Could be a great site
 
It never fails--the area you put on the back burner turns out to be the best part. Good looking finds, I bet there's more.
 
Ill never look at a small field and think any less if it, neither will you I'm sure!
Always nice to find a new site, potential is always there!
 
Very nice day of digging there
 
romeo... romeo where far out there been ole romeo... heh

What up brother ?
Still got that bar shot ?

Nice digs by the way.
 
great stuff, what kind of place did you find this stuff in? old park? old mansion? old rail station? old market? it seems like it had a lot of activity for the period. I have been trying old rail stations, and cabin and remains of old coal mines with no luck, the mines I believe paid their workers in script
 
man look at that pile of colonial coppers!, absolutely incredible finds!, great hunt!!!
 
We added another farm to the list this year & like you we look forward to hitting it!
 
Usually always the last place we look...good to check it as you may later what if....and then lose permission... you gotter done son...
 
Farthings are cool, and I agree pretty scarce, probably less than 1 to 100 half pennies.

I wonder what CRUSADERS ratio is ?
 
Nice finds. That's a great kocation
 
I forgot to mention that this was my first hunt with the AT Pro and I can tell you that I am beyond impressed. It's just a great well rounded machine. I picked this up from a local dealer, Rick(Nova Scotia) who gave me a great deal on a new machine.

Can't wait to do it again!
 
It's amazing what small fields hold sometimes.
 
That's a great day I got permission on a farm foundation earlier this year it had a house across the road I've hit the house and woods around it but I think it's time to hit the fields.
 
Nice pile of coppers - hope they clean up nice. And I like those 2 pewter spoon bowls. Good hunt!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom