What's new

Perscription Glasses

Hag730

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2012
Messages
620
Reaction score
398
Golden Thread
0
Location
Saint Marys Georgia
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody do anything with prescription glasses?? Ive got a pile of prescription glasses from this years hunts. I know designer frames would be worth something.....but these are just regular glasses. Just curious to see if anybody ever found a way to unload them.

Thanks
 
Upvote 0
Try the local Lions Club. They will recycle them.
 
Our club donates eye glasses to the Shriner's or some group that repurposes them for children and needy.
A quick internet search says the Lion's Club also accepts them.
If you want to resell the better frames, ebay should have many, for comparison.
Good luck and HH!
 
Our club donates eye glasses to the Shriner's or some group that repurposes them for children and needy.
A quick internet search says the Lion's Club also accepts them.
If you want to resell the better frames, ebay should have many, for comparison.
Good luck and HH!

Great idea, I have several pairs of children's glasses......thanks.
 
good question and answers I threw mine away , NOT NO MORE , I will donate all from now on, great post thanks !!!
 
If you find the older gold frame glasses generally marked 1/10 12k gold filled they are worth around $2.00 A gram. A full frame pair will weigh up to 10 grams.
 
I've thrown the glasses I found in the garbage up to now, but if the Lion's club can use them to help somebody, that's a good
idea.
I have a problem detecting in the water whether I wear my prescription sunglasses or regular glasses. I have a hard time seeing what's in my scoop or sifter. If there some type of lens for glasses I can get that help with the glare and clarity on the water? I just had my eyes checked and they are okay.
 
I had over 100 pair of misc. glasses ... I called the local Lions club. Left 6 messages and 4 emails for the clubs "president" about having these glasses and wanting to donate them to their organization. The "president" never once replied. I found their meeting place, showed up, and shamed the hell out of their "president" in front of all their members. Needless to say, they got the glasses, and ousted their "president" on his keister.
 
Most of your Seniors homes will take them off your hands!! Ray
 
I've thrown the glasses I found in the garbage up to now, but if the Lion's club can use them to help somebody, that's a good
idea.
I have a problem detecting in the water whether I wear my prescription sunglasses or regular glasses. I have a hard time seeing what's in my scoop or sifter. If there some type of lens for glasses I can get that help with the glare and clarity on the water? I just had my eyes checked and they are okay.

Fongu: If you switch to polaroid sun glasses, you can easily see into the water as they cancel the glare.
They need to be wide near the hinges so the light does not sneak in there.
 
Thanks Sir GC.
 
The Goodwill Stores always has boxes of them. Try donating there. Everything is tax deductable when you donate your old stuff.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom