Personal 1 Day Record 418 coins - $24.35 - Gold & Silver Too!

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Personal 1 Day Record 418 coins - $24.35 - Gold & Silver Too!

Hello to all, hope you could get out hunting this weekend!

I was real sick all this week with a terrible stomach virus, but started feeling better Friday and was sure ready to get out and doo something after spending 3 days in bed or at the doctors basically. I was very close to several good benchmarks for yearly totals, just short of 7000 coins, $21 short of $500 face value for the year, and just under 1000 quarters for the year so I decided to hit it hard and search like a madman today (Saturday) trying to reach my numbers. I researched using a schools website I use plus looked at aerial views on mapquest and planned my route with 4 parks and 4 schools in a district I have never searched. I had them all mapped out. These were all within about three miles of each other to minimize travel time and maximize hunt time. Off to pillage parks and play areas I went this morning ready for some hard hunting.

It was a cool but nice morning. Whenever I arrive at a site in the early morning, especially after a Friday or Saturday night, I always try to walk around and check for eye finds. I look around picnic tables and generally scan to ground around the parking lots and other gathering areas. Today it paid off nicely. I found a nice, brand new, tags and holograms still on it, "D" hat. I thought it was a Detroit Tigers hat, but my kids straightened me out...lol (Dad's old) It's a "D" had dad. It's a hip hop thing I guess :D. Anyway, it's about a $35 hat. I gave it to my son and got a huge bear hug in return for it. I found it at the first park I visited, underneath the bench on third base line. Cool!

D Hat O.jpg
D HAt I.jpg
I did really well at the parks which I hit first prior to the schools as I thought they would start getting people at them sooner then the schools so I wanted to be out of there before they got filled with kiddies playing. I covered the woodchip play areas and volleyball courts including the grassy areas surrounding them. In one of the volleyball courts, I hit an area that was used for a money scramble I guess. Pulled about 75 pennies, nickels, and dimes from there in a short period. One park had a basketball court with a small set of bleachers by it. I scored big time there finding around 100 coins in about 45 minutes just around the bleachers and the court surrounding grassy area. I found three keepers there too. First, a 925 earring with a large CZ stone. Then another 925 earring, small loop, and finally a nice "sterling" ring. Looks old. It's a band style with embossed hearts all the way around it. I think I found two very similar to this last year. The parks were good to me today. I searched 3 all together and the majority of my finds were from them.

I also searched 3 schools today, pillaging the woodchip play areas. The chips were old so the finds weren't super plentyful, but I covered them all anyway and ended up ok. I got a couple nice keepers at the schools. My first was a very thin 10kt chain. It was tangled in a knot but I got all but one small knot out so far. It was right at the base of one on the slides stairs. I also found two nice religious items. The first was a large cross stamped "Sterling". It's bent but that's ok. Also found a pendant that says "Alter Society". It's aluminum I think and fairly large.

Lot's of nice keepers today!!
Sept15th keepers.jpg

I sure found a large variety of stuff today. I had a blast in my 7 hours of hunting time out there. As the title of my thread says, I set a new personal record for total coins in one hunt today. 418 coins!! Breaks my old record of 390 from the second day of my contest hunt in June. I got 44 quarters, 72 dimes, 54 nickels, 254 pennies (2 wheaties in there) , 1 Sac dollar, and two foriegn coins. (a 100 yen & a 1 cent Euro coin). I knew I had found a lot but was really surprized when I cleaned and totaled them up. Face value was $24.35 which is my second best ever for one day. Here's the clad piles.
15SEP07 T.jpg
Clad Pile2.jpg

So I blew by 7000 to 7258 coins for the season and sit at $503.49 total face value. I reached my goals for the day. I also went over 1000 quarters for the year.

Lot's of interesting trinkets and other finds. A couple rings, 10 or so pendant/fobs, some earrings, a bullet,an old whistle, a set of fingernail scissors, and a scary very sharp steak knife found right in the center of one of the school play areas about 1/2" down.
Sept115-07 T.jpg
Sept15-07 F.jpg

Finally, this is for you MasterEagle. I found a lot of metal buttons, and other misc junque that I usually don't share in my photos, including 15 zipper pulls today.
Junque n pulls.jpg

Thanks for reading about my awesome day out there today.
I really had a blast!!

HH to you all!

Smiles!
BDoo

Upvote 0
Re: Personal 1 Day Record 418 coins - $24.35 - Gold & Silver Too!

Green1 said:
holy cow bob !!!!! there's no way possible i could keep up with you out there.......... ;D ;D ;D ;D grads on a personal best !!!

Hi Rick, I don't think I could keep up with you digging all those sweet old coins and stuff ;D Keep em coming my friend, thanks for commenting!

Smiles!
BDoo

pgill said:
Doo, I give up, how do you do it ??? I have never seen so much stuff that has been lost or thrown away in all my life. I think the peeps in the USA must wake up in the morning and look for something to lose :o
Great finds.... Keep it up.

God bless
Peter

lol, well maybe, but it's good for me however they get there. Thanks Peter!! God bless you my friend! I hope you are feeling good these days!

Smiles!
BDoo

Evolution said:
Holy cow. You've got to be kidding me. Awesome day. Must have been an affluent neighborhood for all that money to be laying around Lol!

Well, I wouldn;'t say it was just laying around, some of it maybe... I covered at least a football field worth of area on this day to get all this. Swinging like a madman...lol.

Thanks Evo for the read and friendly comment!

Smiles!
BDoo

piggman1 said:
AWSOME DAY!!! Glad you are feeling better. You're going to drive Mastereagle crazy with all those zipper pulls. :D Congrats on a great day!

I always just through the zipper pulls out with my trash I dispose of after each hunt until he started liking to see them...lol. Some are actually pretty cool. Actually, I think the "Jessica " pendant/fob is actually a zipper pull too. I have about 6 of those, all different names that I found this year so far. Some had silver clippy loops thingies on them to hook to the zipper I think.

Thanks for the cool comment Dave.

Smiles!
BDoo

waseeker said:
Awesome day. Congratulations on the new personal record ;D

Thanks Waseeker!!

Smiles!
BDoo

Tubecity said:
Man, that's what I would call cleaning up. A lot of work I'm sure
but what a day. Great finds & better luck next time. LOL

I like you screename. What's the story to it?

Thanks for the friendly comment. Good luck to you out there!

Smiles!
BDoo

silverfreak said:
Your knees are better than mine brother. I haven't found 54 nickels in the last 10 years...let alone in one day.
Congrats on 400 coins...I can't even imagine. That is truly an amazing accomplishment.

Thaks Silverfreak!! I am still in good shape after 46 years of abusing the body I guess. I used to run marathons so I guess I have the drive and stamina to handle it and I was super motivated on this day to "clean up" Thanks for the read and comment!

sMILES!
bdOO

Postalrevnant said:
OMG Bobby that is simply insane!! Congratulations more so on feeling better and getting better from your wreck and the flu. BUT WOW what a day.

I got to get out with my daughter today myself. LoL we did not so well with 3 pennies and 1 nickel. But we had an ok time. We had a short hunt the day before with Wife's help and got 45 coins plus a silver 46 dime. I consider that a great day here.

No way could I ever find numbers like that here. Even if I could though I am no where at the level of being able to dig out so many coins in a short time. That is a pure testiment to your years of practice and skill at recovery.

Huge congratulations to those milestones. Those are incredible milestones.

Doug

Thanks a lot Doug. Hope to see you around a lot more here again!! Take care my friend!

Smiles!
BDoo

RUDY2003 said:
Man Boo, that is a super personal record for you. Very impressive and a lot of diggin....

Keep safe...

Thanks Rudy, appreciate that!

Smiles!
BDoo

Ant said:
Man Bobbydoo that's one heck of a haul and gold to boot.

Great as always and thanks for posting.

Hi Ant, thanks for the read my friend! Best of luck to you out there buddy!

Smiles!
BDoo

Nana40 said:
Whoa, Scooby! :o Congrats on that new record! That's a bunch of finds! 8)

Nana :)

Heavy duty huh Nana, thanks my friend!

Smiles!
Scoob

mastereagle22 said:
Wow look at all those zipper pulls. That is more than I have found since April!!!!!!!!

I have one that looks just like the one on the second row third one in from the right.

Cool!!!!

I like the smiley face one in the first row. Thanks ME!! Take care buddy!
I'll keep posting mine now if you want.

Smiles!
BDoo

KirkPA said:
I smell 500 very soon. Records are always made to be broken.

lol, that would take some serious hunting I think...maybe someday. An 8 or 9 hour hunt maybe. Thanks for all your great support Kirk. It inspiries me buddy. :)

Smiles!
BDoo

Chicago Ron said:
You must be a machine to dig all that in a day! Congrats!
Nice LOOT!

I was definitely hunting hard and fast trying to get at least $21 in clad to break the $500 mark for the year, so yes, I was motivated. Thanks Ron!

Smiles!
BDoo

Monty said:
Great! I just wish I had started this hobby 20 years ago when I had the stamina to stay out all day and accumulate this much "stuff". Now about two hours and it's a day for me! Monty

I hear ya Monty, most days, I can not doo it like this, but I was extra motivated this day. I mostly just hunt on Saturdays because of my busy schedule with work and being a single dad with fukll custoday of my kids and all. Thanks buddy!

Smiles!
BDoo

cottonjim said:
HOLY FREEHOLY Bdoo, thats a pile of goodies. Looks like you had an awesome day of hunting. That is a big old knife that you found, IN A SCHOOL YARD, thats kinda scary. Congrats on the personal best. HH
Jim

I was happy to get that blade out of there. It was only just below the surface and in an area that the kids crawl on the chips between play structures. We leave it better then we found it huh buddy. Thanks for the friendly comment, it smiled me!

Smiles!
BDoo

Rich in Central PA said:
WTG Booby........fantastic, nice going..........Rich

Thanks Rich!!

Smiles!
BDoo

Mirage said:
$500 for the year is pretty crazy. But not for you. ;D

But I think you had an off day - no gold! ::)

Still a great haul with some nice silver. :)

Bob

I had gold in there Bob... a sweet 0.87 of a gram 10k gold chain, worth a whopping $8.74 in melt value...lol ;D
You must have missed that as it was soooo thin.
Take care my friend, thanks for stopping!

Smiles!
BDoo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back