Personal 1 Day Record 418 coins - $24.35 - Gold & Silver Too!

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Personal 1 Day Record 418 coins - $24.35 - Gold & Silver Too!

Hello to all, hope you could get out hunting this weekend!

I was real sick all this week with a terrible stomach virus, but started feeling better Friday and was sure ready to get out and doo something after spending 3 days in bed or at the doctors basically. I was very close to several good benchmarks for yearly totals, just short of 7000 coins, $21 short of $500 face value for the year, and just under 1000 quarters for the year so I decided to hit it hard and search like a madman today (Saturday) trying to reach my numbers. I researched using a schools website I use plus looked at aerial views on mapquest and planned my route with 4 parks and 4 schools in a district I have never searched. I had them all mapped out. These were all within about three miles of each other to minimize travel time and maximize hunt time. Off to pillage parks and play areas I went this morning ready for some hard hunting.

It was a cool but nice morning. Whenever I arrive at a site in the early morning, especially after a Friday or Saturday night, I always try to walk around and check for eye finds. I look around picnic tables and generally scan to ground around the parking lots and other gathering areas. Today it paid off nicely. I found a nice, brand new, tags and holograms still on it, "D" hat. I thought it was a Detroit Tigers hat, but my kids straightened me out...lol (Dad's old) It's a "D" had dad. It's a hip hop thing I guess :D. Anyway, it's about a $35 hat. I gave it to my son and got a huge bear hug in return for it. I found it at the first park I visited, underneath the bench on third base line. Cool!

D Hat O.jpg
D HAt I.jpg
I did really well at the parks which I hit first prior to the schools as I thought they would start getting people at them sooner then the schools so I wanted to be out of there before they got filled with kiddies playing. I covered the woodchip play areas and volleyball courts including the grassy areas surrounding them. In one of the volleyball courts, I hit an area that was used for a money scramble I guess. Pulled about 75 pennies, nickels, and dimes from there in a short period. One park had a basketball court with a small set of bleachers by it. I scored big time there finding around 100 coins in about 45 minutes just around the bleachers and the court surrounding grassy area. I found three keepers there too. First, a 925 earring with a large CZ stone. Then another 925 earring, small loop, and finally a nice "sterling" ring. Looks old. It's a band style with embossed hearts all the way around it. I think I found two very similar to this last year. The parks were good to me today. I searched 3 all together and the majority of my finds were from them.

I also searched 3 schools today, pillaging the woodchip play areas. The chips were old so the finds weren't super plentyful, but I covered them all anyway and ended up ok. I got a couple nice keepers at the schools. My first was a very thin 10kt chain. It was tangled in a knot but I got all but one small knot out so far. It was right at the base of one on the slides stairs. I also found two nice religious items. The first was a large cross stamped "Sterling". It's bent but that's ok. Also found a pendant that says "Alter Society". It's aluminum I think and fairly large.

Lot's of nice keepers today!!
Sept15th keepers.jpg

I sure found a large variety of stuff today. I had a blast in my 7 hours of hunting time out there. As the title of my thread says, I set a new personal record for total coins in one hunt today. 418 coins!! Breaks my old record of 390 from the second day of my contest hunt in June. I got 44 quarters, 72 dimes, 54 nickels, 254 pennies (2 wheaties in there) , 1 Sac dollar, and two foriegn coins. (a 100 yen & a 1 cent Euro coin). I knew I had found a lot but was really surprized when I cleaned and totaled them up. Face value was $24.35 which is my second best ever for one day. Here's the clad piles.
15SEP07 T.jpg
Clad Pile2.jpg

So I blew by 7000 to 7258 coins for the season and sit at $503.49 total face value. I reached my goals for the day. I also went over 1000 quarters for the year.

Lot's of interesting trinkets and other finds. A couple rings, 10 or so pendant/fobs, some earrings, a bullet,an old whistle, a set of fingernail scissors, and a scary very sharp steak knife found right in the center of one of the school play areas about 1/2" down.
Sept115-07 T.jpg
Sept15-07 F.jpg

Finally, this is for you MasterEagle. I found a lot of metal buttons, and other misc junque that I usually don't share in my photos, including 15 zipper pulls today.
Junque n pulls.jpg

Thanks for reading about my awesome day out there today.
I really had a blast!!

HH to you all!

Smiles!
BDoo

Upvote 0
Re: Personal 1 Day Record 418 coins - $24.35 - Gold & Silver Too!

holy cow bob !!!!! there's no way possible i could keep up with you out there.......... ;D ;D ;D ;D grads on a personal best !!!

Captn_SE said:
Thanks, BDoo, you're quite the inspiration for me and many others on Tnet. You and I hunt quite differently; you dig everything your TR can pick up; I dig mainly the deeper targets, but our finds speak for themselves. Of course, while looking for the deeper targets, I end up grabbing all the clad quarters, along with the deeper clad, and of course silver jewelry that registers like a silver dime/clad quarter. Yes, I miss the gold, but dig much less trash in doing so. If I went for the gold, I'd probably have much less silver pieces, with a few gold to show. My clad count is quite high; I did not start a clad counter, but back in March, I turned in my clad and had about $375; quarters totaled 1100. I have a big container full of clad (lots of quarters) since then. There's got to be at least $450 of clad in my container.

I will post my big 500 silvers tomorrow. I think I will post my silver jewelry too, since you requested. It should make for a great pic.

Take care, BDoo, rest your body, so it will be ready for another great hunt.

CAPTN SE
Dan

Wow, you are amazing bud, a metal detecting machine you are. Just the quarter total itself is so impressive. I like how you said "back in March..." lol, our hunting season here in Michigan didn't start until April this year as we had a late spring thaw this year. I am not the type to be out chopping through the frozen tundra. Winter is my time to write poetry and play on my poetry boards a bit too. Thanks again Dan!! Dan the MAN!!

Smiles!
BDoo

Doo, I give up, how do you do it ??? I have never seen so much stuff that has been lost or thrown away in all my life. I think the peeps in the USA must wake up in the morning and look for something to lose :o
Great finds.... Keep it up.

God bless
Peter

Holy cow. You've got to be kidding me. Awesome day. Must have been an affluent neighborhood for all that money to be laying around Lol!

AWSOME DAY!!! Glad you are feeling better. You're going to drive Mastereagle crazy with all those zipper pulls. :D Congrats on a great day!

Awesome day. Congratulations on the new personal record ;D

Man, that's what I would call cleaning up. A lot of work I'm sure
but what a day. Great finds & better luck next time. LOL

Your knees are better than mine brother. I haven't found 54 nickels in the last 10 years...let alone in one day.
Congrats on 400 coins...I can't even imagine. That is truly an amazing accomplishment.

OMG Bobby that is simply insane!! Congratulations more so on feeling better and getting better from your wreck and the flu. BUT WOW what a day.

I got to get out with my daughter today myself. LoL we did not so well with 3 pennies and 1 nickel. But we had an ok time. We had a short hunt the day before with Wife's help and got 45 coins plus a silver 46 dime. I consider that a great day here.

No way could I ever find numbers like that here. Even if I could though I am no where at the level of being able to dig out so many coins in a short time. That is a pure testiment to your years of practice and skill at recovery.

Huge congratulations to those milestones. Those are incredible milestones.

Doug

Simply amazing. You are the master of the woodchips hands down. You need to make an instructional video for us here at TNet. When I try and visualize you detecting I see you swinging the coil like a madman with one hand while digging targets with the other. Keep up the inspiring work we will continue to sit here with our mouths agape...Shoot

;D

Attachments

• THUMBS UP GUY.jpg
    THUMBS UP GUY.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 648
  • THUMBS UP GUY.jpg
    THUMBS UP GUY.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 653

Man Boo, that is a super personal record for you. Very impressive and a lot of diggin....

Keep safe...

Man Bobbydoo that's one heck of a haul and gold to boot.

Great as always and thanks for posting.

Whoa, Scooby! :o Congrats on that new record! That's a bunch of finds! 8)

Nana :)

Bavaria Mike said:
Great day out Bdoo and congrats on all those awesome finds! HH, Mike

Thanks Mike, appreciate that bud!

SMiles!
BDoo

KirkPA said:
Boobydoo, you definitely are the BEST clad hunter in the nation. I can bet the farm on that one. You have some good skills, my friend.

Kirk

You humble me Kirk. I am sure there's hundreds, maybe thousands better then me out there, but I appreciate the sentiment my friend. I am covering the ground trying to suck up keeper jewelry, the clad is an added bonus.

Smiles!
BDoo

dave-enc said:
Sorry to hear you were under the weather but wtg on another phenomenal day
hh
dave+bobbie

Hiya Dave and Bobbie!
By Friday I was (too) well rested and ready for action... and got it I guess. Thanks for the visit and comment my friends!

Smiles!
BDoo

desertfox said:
:o Congrats on hitting your milestones Bdoo. That's a heck of a lot of little holes to be digging when you don't feel all that well. I guess you just have to suck it up and move on to the next hole. As they say " Time After Time ".
Hope your feeling better ;D HH

Desertfox

... always thinking the next dig is a gold ring ;D
that's what keeps me going!!
Thanks for the read and comment DF!

Smiles!
BDoo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back