Feb 24, 2013
South Central Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
-Minelab Explorer SE
Newest- AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is my first post here so this is pretty much a trial but I wanted to share this neat find. I was digging a tone from my GTI 2500 and as I pulled my plug, I saw a rock that looked a little on the strange side to just be a rock. Not too much into the know on artifacts but I figured it could be Native American and after having a few people look at it, they tell me I have fould a Pestle. This was located in south central PA. I added a lighter next to it to give an idea of size. 100_5354_00.jpg Looking forward to any comments

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
poorman15

poorman15

Feb 24, 2013
South Central Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
-Minelab Explorer SE
Newest- AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No disrespect but you know what it is. You had it right when you first posted it. The wet stone theory is just another use for a pestle. Everyone has there opinion but when i posted those video's your example was shown. Sorry it was a pissing match but opinions are opinions and you should take that into consideration. Just review the posts at all that thought this was a celt from the first pic. You would have to find this type to understand this type of pestle. Most people on here being from different regions can only offer a opinion. Charl, Myself and a couple more know this region. Charl by showing his example and the ones I have found is what led me to give my first and correct call on what it was. Pestles had several uses and wet stone was one of them. People who do not understand that will isolate and call it by a specific tool type! I blew up your images and saw wear on the ends and saw everything to assure me that it was a pestle. Sorry that your first time posting this was met with indecisive opinions.

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get-the-point.........Just a pestle? From my standpoint, a pestle is a great find for a newbie such as myself and I will take a pestle any day of the week. Whether it's worth $5 or $50, it makes no difference to me. I appreciates all the wonderful comments from everyone on this forum. I am also glad that the pictures turned out way better once I loaded them on my computer vs. the images from the camera. Now that I know where to look for artifacts, hopefully I will have many more to share sometime in the future! Thanks again all!

Sorry about that no it is a great find. That was a humble response to the naysayers that is why the laugh and wave.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew why you posted that response GTP. He wasnt being rude to you it was cause he won the debate. I thought it was funny when he was rite. I have never found a Pestle myself. Heck I dont think I have ever found a Mano either. It was a great find in my eyes. Congrats to the both of ya, rock

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread