paleomaxx
Hero Member
- Joined
- Aug 14, 2016
- Messages
- 842
- Reaction score
- 6,915
- Golden Thread
- 6
- Location
- Upstate, NY
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 6
- Detector(s) used
- Deus XP
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
I dug this up today at a site that's produced late 1700's to late 1800's finds. Once I rinsed it off I noticed that there were the remains of lettering around the edges and one side had the faint outline of a wreath. My first guess is a counterfeit coin of some sort, but they holed it as well so a medallion is another possibility.



The ground was pretty rough to is, but I tried to get a few close-ups of letters and the wreath. There isn't much left though.




I'm really hoping someone recognizes this, because I'm at a loss so far. Definitely the coolest find from the site so an ID would be amazing. Thanks all!



The ground was pretty rough to is, but I tried to get a few close-ups of letters and the wreath. There isn't much left though.




I'm really hoping someone recognizes this, because I'm at a loss so far. Definitely the coolest find from the site so an ID would be amazing. Thanks all!








