goldcoastwayne
Full Member
- Joined
- Apr 22, 2010
- Messages
- 139
- Reaction score
- 1
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Coral Springs, FL
- Detector(s) used
- Garrett SeaHunter XL500 (PI)
When it comes to identifying colonial cobs...I have no problems. This one is a problem....Below is a 6 inch pewter plate. I know very little about Pewter touch marks. At the top of the plate is a "flag type emblem". On the reverse there are several maker's touch marks (that picture may be upside down)...it appears to be a tree with the numbers '69 next to it....1769
I have a gut feeling this is colonial..what do you think?? What do the three stars signify
Any help with identification would be very much appreciated.
goldcoastwayne
I have a gut feeling this is colonial..what do you think?? What do the three stars signify
Any help with identification would be very much appreciated.
goldcoastwayne

This is from a location very close to Washington, DC...I don't think that the cost was any concern to the owner. 







