Photographic glow

panthr

Apr 7, 2009
I am just curious. I have heard from a friend of mine who has done some treasure hunting that sometimes buried gold will give off a glow in photographs taken at night. Now this friend sometimes is a little "out there" but I am just curious if any of you have heard of anything similar. When I showed him the attached pic, his eyes nearly popped out and swore that there is gold buried here. Was he pulling my leg, serious, or seriously crazy? I am a total newbie at this!

house.jpg

OP
OP
P

panthr

Apr 7, 2009
I should mention that this photo was taken in complete darkness with no flash or anything.

K

Kentucky Kache

Some people say it's absolutely true. I can't say by experience, but I don't like to rule out anything without good reason. Talk to Real de Tayopa, I think he's had some experience with that.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can't think of any physical property of gold that would make it do that, but if it works for you go for it.

Just don't invest any money up front. ;-)

It should also work for platinum and mercury as they are right next to gold on the periodic table. The only reason gold is "better" than other elements is because humans deem it so. Cosmically it is a pretty ho-hum element.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good morning, May I ask just why you took that picture in complete darkness in the first place? And yes, metals under certain conditions do degrade and in the process give off a visible gas, the color of which is apparently determined by the major metal constituent.

Before any one posts, yes, Gold "does" degrade in the presence of certain chemicals in the soil

Don Jose de La Mancha

FooserPaul

May 9, 2008
Somewhere in CT
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
For light to be present you need energy as light is energy right ????

I think hoax... in my humble opinion...

Paul

OP
OP
P

panthr

Apr 7, 2009
Real de Tayopa said:
good morning, May I ask just why you took that picture in complete darkness in the first place? And yes, metals under certain conditions do degrade and in the process give off a visible gas, the color of which is apparently determined by the major metal constituent.

Before any one posts, yes, Gold "does" degrade in the presence of certain chemicals in the soil

Don Jose de La Mancha

The reason for taking this picture is that I am also the director of a paranormal investigation group and this was on one of our investigations. It is the site of an old farm and this was taken in a field of the said farm...

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I agree with Paul. I believe this is superstition. And then reading down to your last post Panthr, that seals it (ie.: "paranormal investigations" ::) ) This talk of gasses, flames, glows coming out of hills, apparititons and dreams that lead to gold, are all popular lore in Mexico. But they are just that: superstition.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Go ahead and keep up the research, there are lots of things in this world that have not been explained yet. There are some of us here who like to know what you find out whether its turns out to be real or not. Do you plan to go out and dig up the spot that you photographed?

Good luck and keep us informed, Charlie

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great observation TexasTee!
Panthr, can you identify the anomaly in the box?

GG~

Attachments

• glow.JPG
    glow.JPG
    14.8 KB · Views: 1,266

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70
Panthr, I am also a paranormal investigator. Don't let naysayers get you down...it just kills me when people shove their foot down their throat saying something doesn't exist or it's "superstition" when there is so much evidence to the contrary. Their problem is that they don't believe in something so it CAN"T be real (in their own little universe) and meanwhile the evidence mounts....but they will never look at it for fear of being proven wrong (as usual, probably).

In the photo you took, the "glow" is giving off a self-contained light, evidenced by the ground being illuminated around the area. Whatever it is, it warrants further investigation! Go back and check it out....

Eddie

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
I don't know about night hunting, but a friend of mine used a Polaroid instamatic camera to hunt buried treasure during the daytime. He would research an area, then when he got to the place he assumed to be close to the spot, he would take a photograph of the area and look for color differences in the vegetation. What was not visible to the naked eye would show in the photograph as being different colored vegetation. It seems that when precious metals are close to or underneath vegetation it causes a shade color difference that the camera can detect. He woould then take his detector to that spot and check it out. Like they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. In this case, they were not lying.I would definitely check it out.
rockhound

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Yeah, don't let the naysayers get you down. Anything, no matter how absurd & appearing to be superstition, must be given merit and belief. Afterall, there is un-discovered science that will someday come along and prove the stuff. Like my lucky astrology mood ring, and my 8-ball fortune teller that lead me to treasure. Don't believe for a second that they are superstition lest you be close-minded :-X

OP
OP
P

panthr

Apr 7, 2009
texastee2007 said:
That is a very interesting picture indeed. I do a lot of photography and it seems you have caught a picture with so much energy in it...I notice how it seems to start in the middle and even has spikes on the outside. It also appears to have several small orbs on the right side. You say that you had no light source is there a building in the back ground...some kind of shape is in the upper right area of light...If there isn't a building there now is there still a foundation or do you have old maps of the area? good luck with your search.

Thoe orbs are most probably dust or moisture. I didn't take the picture but was there in the vicinity when it was. It was quite humid that evening. There is no structure in that field... it is empty. Alot of really bad stuff happened on that property. Besides the glow, most other people see a structure with a front porch there. Unfortunately, this is a very rural area and land records only go back to the 40's and the only place on the land records is across the street.

OP
OP
P

panthr

Apr 7, 2009
EddieR said:
Panthr, I am also a paranormal investigator. Don't let naysayers get you down...it just kills me when people shove their foot down their throat saying something doesn't exist or it's "superstition" when there is so much evidence to the contrary. Their problem is that they don't believe in something so it CAN"T be real (in their own little universe) and meanwhile the evidence mounts....but they will never look at it for fear of being proven wrong (as usual, probably).

In the photo you took, the "glow" is giving off a self-contained light, evidenced by the ground being illuminated around the area. Whatever it is, it warrants further investigation! Go back and check it out....

Eddie

heh, I have been doing this since 2003 and have performed many many investigations... 99% of them we have debunked but this is one of 3 that defies explanation. We have captured alot of EVPs at this location as well as an apparition or two. This goes way beyond superstition. My team has very highly educated people including a PhD in Microbiology and in organic chemistry. It has stumped everyone.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
panthr said:
I have heard from a friend of mine who has done some treasure hunting that sometimes buried gold will give off a glow in photographs taken at night.

Lots of folks also claim that gold gives off a photographable aura during the daytime. Mostly using a Polaroid SX-70.

Complete mythology.

It arises from the fact that Polaroid photos often show all sorts of weird streaks and blotches and halo-looking anomalies. But it's really due to the fact that Polaroid cameras kinda suck, and the ejection rollers cause these photo glitches.

Lotta folks also swear they can photograph ghost orbs at night, but that's again just bad photography.

- Carl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread