Pi vs Deus 2

seascene

Feb 14, 2015
Sailboat coastal British Columbia
Detector(s) used
Presently Anfibio Muliti. Sold my MXT sport, TDI pro and Macro Gold Racer Just got April 2023 Deus 2 and Cscope 4 Pi (England made)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am located coupla hundred miles north of the USA / Canada border retired and living aboard my sailboat, mostly wilderness coast. So, I just bought a Cscope 4 pi detector from Britain and also a Deus 2. Most recent past detector was Anfibio. Brutal black sands is an understatement here. The Anfib could not handle it. Understood that Pi machines eat it up. A few days ago tested this "understanding". Very disappointed in the Pi. Just would not settle down but then again just got it. The D2 was very chatty but again a new machine , learning it. It did signal on a buried gold ring down 10 inches. I did post a 60 second "short" on YT. I intend a full vid on this adventure soon. The ace in the hole for me is accessibility to virgin sea coasts via my ship. The detector for my needs will have to be effective in highly mineralized salt water capability. Comments appreciated ...still on learning curve with these two detectors. Target focus is gold and silver coins used during late 1700's on into mid 1800's sea otter trade. Local tribes insisted on "cash" soon after the trade began. Locations of this trading I believe I know after considerable research. Another interest is pirate Sir Francis Drake ...proven by a local historian to have arrived 200 years before Capt George Vancouver, thereby re-writing history of Pacific North West Coast (book... Secret Voyage of Sir Francis Drake) . A detectorist in Victoria BC recently found the hard evidence being a coin dated mid 1500's. (the "shorts" video is on yt). Pm me if interested in the link. Thanks

DrakeCoinLargex1.png

P1000842.JPG

Attachments

• DrakeCoinLargex1.png
    DrakeCoinLargex1.png
    312.3 KB · Views: 10
Upvote 3

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
The C-scope seems to be a lower end PI unit, where as the D2 is a top shelf VLF machine. Cost compare 420.oo to 1600.oo USD. In your opinion since you had a TDI Pro, how would it compare to the C-scope in performance.

OP
OP
seascene

seascene

Feb 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
Presently Anfibio Muliti. Sold my MXT sport, TDI pro and Macro Gold Racer Just got April 2023 Deus 2 and Cscope 4 Pi (England made)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The C-scope seems to be a lower end PI unit, where as the D2 is a top shelf VLF machine. Cost compare 420.oo to 1600.oo USD. In your opinion since you had a TDI Pro, how would it compare to the C-scope in performance.
Hello and thanks for the get back ... The C-scope purchase based on this video and similar (search youtube for cscope 4pi). Seems an amazing machine with a longevity but no "sparkle". I look forward to putting it to the test severely. The D2 ... on the learning curve. Out today and picked up small coin (bad shape but readable soon) at least 12 inch down. The TDI Pro was purchased for gold panning remote creeks running from mts to ocean. No luck. Found more placer with my pan. The TDI just stopped working. Sent to local engineer rep... put in a whole new board. Could have been due to the coastal humidity etc... Put in on ebay ..sold it fast ..about 5 yrs ago. On the beaches up here (no trash or little) I have (as memory serves) been surprised at depth. One large iron logging spike about 10 inches had to be down close to 2' or more. cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: OBN

6mmslayer

Aug 17, 2019
Va
Detector(s) used
Excalibur detech coil. Tesoro tiger shark, Xp deus 2, Nokta Anfibio muli, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep us posted of your finds.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am located coupla hundred miles north of the USA / Canada border retired and living aboard my sailboat, mostly wilderness coast. So, I just bought a Cscope 4 pi detector from Britain and also a Deus 2. Most recent past detector was Anfibio. Brutal black sands is an understatement here. The Anfib could not handle it. Understood that Pi machines eat it up. A few days ago tested this "understanding". Very disappointed in the Pi. Just would not settle down but then again just got it. The D2 was very chatty but again a new machine , learning it. It did signal on a buried gold ring down 10 inches. I did post a 60 second "short" on YT. I intend a full vid on this adventure soon. The ace in the hole for me is accessibility to virgin sea coasts via my ship. The detector for my needs will have to be effective in highly mineralized salt water capability. Comments appreciated ...still on learning curve with these two detectors. Target focus is gold and silver coins used during late 1700's on into mid 1800's sea otter trade. Local tribes insisted on "cash" soon after the trade began. Locations of this trading I believe I know after considerable research. Another interest is pirate Sir Francis Drake ...proven by a local historian to have arrived 200 years before Capt George Vancouver, thereby re-writing history of Pacific North West Coast (book... Secret Voyage of Sir Francis Drake) . A detectorist in Victoria BC recently found the hard evidence being a coin dated mid 1500's. (the "shorts" video is on yt). Pm me if interested in the link. Thanks

View attachment 2078940
View attachment 2078938
I'd like to point out that you have stated this to the readership in your post:
"
A detectorist in Victoria BC recently found the hard evidence being a coin dated mid 1500's.
Actually this coin wasn't a recent discovery at all, in fact it was recovered in 2013.

"A hammered 1551-3 Edward VI shilling, facing bust was found December 13th, 2013 in blue clay along the gorge riverbank in Victoria, BC Canada"

Here is the written up article done in the newspaper on Jan.04.14

When stating stuff it would be best to have all the ducks in a row, instead of skewing the facts to fit the narrative.

OP
OP
seascene

seascene

Feb 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to point out that you have stated this to the readership in your post:
"

Actually this coin wasn't a recent discovery at all, in fact it was recovered in 2013.

"A hammered 1551-3 Edward VI shilling, facing bust was found December 13th, 2013 in blue clay along the gorge riverbank in Victoria, BC Canada"

Here is the written up article done in the newspaper on Jan.04.14

When stating stuff it would be best to have all the ducks in a row, instead of skewing the facts to fit the narrative.
2013 is recent history in terms of discussing the 1500's. But thanks. Regular reader of this paper. Read your reference when it came out. I will send you future posts for "editing" ...

Last edited:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
C-scope seems to be A Interesting detector. Keep us informed on your testing and hunting results.

OP
OP
seascene

seascene

Feb 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks OBN ... good hunting. Will do.

Reactions: OBN

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
2013 is recent history in terms of discussing the 1500's. But thanks. Regular reader of this paper. Read your reference when it came out. I will send you future posts for "editing" ...
Ah yes Jan. 08. 14 good catch.
Ir seems that the term recently found has two different meanings. When referencing against the 1500's that makes it very recent. Though for a recovery-it's a decade old, and that's not recent really.
You're a great area, and there's more to the history than what is documented.
Best of luck on the search.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a general rule, a PI machine will perform better in black sand than a VLF machine. Now whether your Cscope is up to the task, I couldn't say as I've never used one. There are just a few new PI water machines available to buy right now....from your Cscope (is it waterproof?) and the Garrett Sea Hunter on the least expensive end, the Aquascans and J.W. Fisher 6X, 8X on the other end. For non-waterproof use, there are a few more options.

OP
OP
seascene

seascene

Feb 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Cudamark: good info. The Cscope 4pi is not waterproof. South Easter storm been hammering the coast up here so not able to get out lately and really put it to a Pacific North West coast workout. A search on You Tube turned up quite a few successful outings with the 4 pi, mostly across the pond but one detectorist in your neck of the woods. Cheers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions