What's new

(PIC)Found Silver Piece with LOTS of DIAMONDS! Where to Sell?

george8688

Greenie
Joined
Feb 6, 2014
Messages
10
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually sell my metals to ARA, but what should I do with this Diamond piece?
IMAG0091.webp
 
Upvote 0
the big D, nice find
 
double tap
 
Last edited:
Hate to burst your bubble but those diamonds are worthless. No jeweler is going to pay a cent for anything that isn't large and nearly flawless. Diamonds are a false market, dealers charge a small fortune for them, but won't buy them back because they cost so little on wholesale.

Looking closer I don't think they are real diamonds at all. They do not have the "fire" of real diamonds or even CZ.
 
Confirmed with Jeweler, diamonds were real. What would be best place to sell?
 
You're better off on Ebay or Craigslist! Ray
 
You're better off on Ebay or Craigslist! Ray

Is that the consensus? Would I get more bang for my buck selling on Ebay, compared to selling the metal to ARA and the diamonds to possibly a separate dealer?

Thanks!
 
Here is some more information.... GIA Certification:
Cut round brilliant
Carat 4.75 ct
Color H-J
Clarity SI3-I2
 
Sell it to anyone "D"umb enough to buy it. Best of luck to you! :thumbsup:
 
Ara, upon request, will give you a bid on your diamonds when you get your silver value if you go that route.

In my experience their bids have not been great.

I suspect eBay night be your best bet.

It is rather strange to get real diamonds on a silver item but it's not unheard of.
 
Your best value would to hold on to it for a trophy, or as a gift.
Silver closed today at $19.91 per troy oz, which is only sixty four cents per gram.
I sure wouldn't part with it, if that is all I could get for it.

I usually sell my metals to ARA, but what should I do with this Diamond piece?
View attachment 941519
 
10K White Gold.... My mistake...
 
This is getting funnier by the minute.. :laughing7:
 
This is getting funnier by the minute.. :laughing7:

...Just trying to get by like everyone else, and since selling treasure isn't my forte I came here.
Instead of going to some Cash for Gold Rip Off... I came here... For Help.
 
Nice find. Put it up on eBay with professional photographs along with the GIA certification. Start bidding at .99 cents to get the ball rolling. Good luck!
:icon_thumright:
 
I'm with 'Fitzwilk'.
Good Luck.
BTW, An SI3 is a stone that would be considered a low-end SI2 or a high-end I1. The Gemological Institute of America (GIA) does not, as of yet recognize this clarity grade and will either grade a stone as either an SI2 or an I1. (Source: http://www.goodoldgold.com/classic/si1-si2-.htm) Unless GIA has changed their policy, a review of that Certificate might be very interesting. Care to post it?

Don...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom