What's new

(PIC)Found Silver Piece with LOTS of DIAMONDS! Where to Sell?

george8688

Greenie
Joined
Feb 6, 2014
Messages
10
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually sell my metals to ARA, but what should I do with this Diamond piece?
IMAG0091.webp
 
Upvote 0
Just know the value of diamond chips are very low once they leave the jewelry store. Your best bet for most money is still probably ebay...






American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......
 
I'd find a lady named Diane, and see what she is willing to trade for it...?
 
usually get offered an average of 7 dollars a piece for diamonds from jewelry places here, not big one, not small ones, but the average ones, such a rip off cuz im sure they sell them for a heck of a lot more than that
 
Do not scrap this. Doesn't matter if it is gold, silver or platinum. Sell it as a piece of jewelry and wait for the right buyer. I'd definitely go the eBay route with this to get the maximum pool of potential buyers as it will require a very specific person to make the purchase.

If you do eBay it, I would recommend using the buy it now option. Possibly accept best offers. I have a strong feeling that this piece would NOT do well in an auction. I believe it to be unlikely that a bidding war would drive this piece up well above scrap prices as it is so specific a piece. 30 day buy it now style. Let it sit and auto relist.

Sorry if I missed it, but what is the total weight of this piece in grams?
 
Last edited:
Oct 2012, I sent all my gold into ARA, close to 7oz..they removed all the stones..Returned,I had a palm full, diamonds, rubies, etc...They sent me a note of the place that would buy them...and the price they would pay....400.oo, I had no diamonds over .73, most were small....I would say your best ebay. Like Jason said, unless you have a big honker of a stone and it is high quality, they don't want to give anything.
 
I thought GIA put a retail value or insurance value on items it certifies??? No?
 
A GIA Report is not a guarantee, valuation or appraisal, and GIA makes no representation or warranty regarding its Reports, the articles described therein or any inscription thereon.
Source:
http://www.gia.edu/terms
 
How could they get a specific carat amount and clarity when everything is mounted? Did they individually inspect every diamond in it?
 
Can feel your pain!!! Just wait until Todd Hoffman try's to sell his 30+ diamonds (pebble size and rough)!! Ouch!!
I forget, how much dose in cost to get a GIA cert.????
My two cents keep it as a trophy piece!
GL&HH!
 
surfnturf,
Cost of GIA grading a white diamond is not a fixed amount; it depends on the stone's weight in carats.
For example: 0.15-0.22 ct. =$53. One ct to 1.49 ct.-$105; 2 .0-2.99 ct.= $121 and up from there.
Don..
 
If I had the moolah...I'd for sure buy it just for D fun!! My name starts with a D and I am sure you'll get a buyer because the script is pretty! Don't give up!! :thumbsup:
 
My advice....jump on Ebay and do an "auction only" search for similar "used" items. This will give you some idea of what the item might bring. You can also do a "completed listing" search, both options being at the left of your window screen. I think you will find that most jewelry shoppers are looking for deals/steals unless you happen onto a buyer who wants exactly what you have. Either way, doing these searches beforehand will offer you some idea as to what the open market will tolerate. Good luck!
 
Hate to burst your bubble but those diamonds are worthless. No jeweler is going to pay a cent for anything that isn't large and nearly flawless. Diamonds are a false market, dealers charge a small fortune for them, but won't buy them back because they cost so little on wholesale.

Looking closer I don't think they are real diamonds at all. They do not have the "fire" of real diamonds or even CZ.

Jason hit the nail on the head......don't expect much. Diamonds are cool to find, but unless you find a large quality stone, they are not worth much. Good luck...
 
Can feel your pain!!! Just wait until Todd Hoffman try's to sell his 30+ diamonds (pebble size and rough)!! Ouch!!
!

That gives me a giggle every time I watch that show.
 
...Just trying to get by like everyone else, and since selling treasure isn't my forte I came here.
Instead of going to some Cash for Gold Rip Off... I came here... For Help.
some peoples moms never told them to not say anything if they don't have something nice to say..
Id use ebay or craigslist if you have the time to wait and deal with people. Other than that id just use your regular, good luck!
 
I usually sell my metals to ARA, but what should I do with this Diamond piece?
View attachment 941519

You should try this online site: Sell My Diamond They buy all kinds of diamond jewelry and gave me a reasonable offer or better than I was anticipating after getting quotes from local pawn shops for my ring which I ended up selling to them. It was a smooth process/experience even for my in-law whom referred me to this site. Let me know if you find the same success if you happen to go this route.
 
The "Sell My Diamond" place says diamonds of 1 carat or larger. Little diamonds are not interesting to them or most places.

i have about 200 diamonds from detecting and the largest is like 0.4 carat and no one is really interested.
 
Anyone else notice the OP hasn't even logged in after one day after signing up? No answers to anyone's questions about this piece.
 
He was just trying to sell it to one of us..
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom