What's new

(PIC)Found Silver Piece with LOTS of DIAMONDS! Where to Sell?

george8688

Greenie
Joined
Feb 6, 2014
Messages
10
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually sell my metals to ARA, but what should I do with this Diamond piece?
IMAG0091.webp
 
Upvote 0
That gives me a giggle every time I watch that show.

We found a 5 dollar diamond, this is a new beginning. Until next week which is another new beginning lol.

I'd ebay it. Diamond chips don't fetch a lot of money. Most of them end up on the ends of drill bits. I think you'd get more as a jewelry piece than scrap.
 
Confirmed with Jeweler, diamonds were real. What would be best place to sell?

When it was confirmed with the jeweler, you surely asked what it was worth....what was his reply ?
 
Anyone else notice the OP hasn't even logged in after
one day after signing up? No answers to anyone's questions about this piece.

Can't say as I blame them one bit considering the rude responses many posted.
Some decent folks were actually helpful to the OP, others...well, they certainly didn't
follow Dizzy's Super-Simple, Universal Rule of Forum Conduct.
 
couple of years ago I found a platinum ring with 5 diamonds sent it to ARA who said they made bids on stones...report came back that they would give me $40 ...I thought I had something...what a joke ...jewelers are the only ones that make money on stones...good luck its a dog eat dog world out there...they all want something for nothing...gold and platinum is the only way...HH
 
couple of years ago I found a platinum ring with 5 diamonds sent it to ARA who said they made bids on stones...report came back that they would give me $40 ...I thought I had something...what a joke ...jewelers are the only ones that make money on stones...good luck its a dog eat dog world out there...they all want something for nothing...gold and platinum is the only way...HH

If you sell the stones in wearable jewelry you can still profit nicely as you are competing with the inflated retail prices of jewelers. I do know that one local jeweler will buy diamonds and that the "worthwhile money" ones start at 1/4 carat that he will pay $75 each for.
 
They make synthetic ones for saw blades, so really the small ones might as well be sand...
 
Just throw it up on Ebay!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom