What's new

Pic update 2 Game Balls ??

still pickin

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jul 13, 2009
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Missouri
2 balls found in Cedar City Utah on top of a big flat hill. Are they game balls ? Why are they are flat on one side ? A line is running around the circumference of the balls just above the flat spots. Why is that ?
Thanks
 

Attachments

  • Picture 015.webp
    Picture 015.webp
    36.1 KB · Views: 436
  • Picture 016.webp
    Picture 016.webp
    45 KB · Views: 429
Re: 2 Game Balls ??

still pickin said:
Hi, they are solid rock.
Oh. :o Then I have no idea.
 
Upvote 0
Re: 2 Game Balls ??

It looks like both rocks have a small indention on them in addition to the flat surface. I also see what looks like a line running around the circumference of the balls just above the flat spots. Could they be some sort of tumbling media? :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
Re: 2 Game Balls ??

Yes a line is running around the circumference of the balls just above the flat spots. And why is that ?
 
Upvote 0
Re: 2 Game Balls ??

Need clear photos of the rocks please. Your focus target was on the table area. Try different back ground.
 
Upvote 0
Re: 2 Game Balls ??

I'd like to see the condition of the woodie if the balls have a flat spot...
 
Upvote 0
Much better pics. :thumbsup: I still have no idea what they are though. They remind me of a shifter knob that hasn't been drilled out yet. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
Are the rocks marble?
 
Upvote 0
Duh! those are croquet balls. It just came to me. they would have been painted at one time and smacked around with wooded mallots. I don't understand the dents though
 
Upvote 0
4-H said:
Duh! those are croquet balls. It just came to me. they would have been painted at one time and smacked around with wooded mallots.

I think they are too small for croquet balls.

For backyard croquet or garden play, croquet balls usually weigh less than 16 ounces, which is much lighter than the standard weight. Competition croquet balls typically weigh one pound, give or take a quarter of an ounce, and are 3 5/8 inches in diameter.
 
Upvote 0
Ceramic balls from a check valve?

pat3_14.gif


DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
Welcome to TreasureNet stillpickin :icon_thumleft:
It might help narrow down the possibilities if you can please tell us;
What do they each weigh?
Has there been any particular sort of industry near to where you found them?

From what I can see in the pics,
they are likely to be made of either a hard plastic or a ceramic.

I don't think they are tumbling media or a valve check. IMHO ;D

Mike
 
Upvote 0
when I Scrolled Down far
enough to read Your Post I
saw this

Picture_015.webp

And Thought OK
Who's Heads Did You Post ?

could they have been sponge balls
that have petrified from the weather ?

I Know it's a Long Shot
But I Have found
Rotted Sponge Balls
in the Past that Got Hard.
 
Upvote 0
Look man made. both have the indent in the bottom also, as well as the line around them. The check ball might not be far off.

Could also be a finial that the glue and metal has came off. Like the tops of bed post or some thing similar. Interesting. What else was in the area?
 
Upvote 0
Hi again, i got the weight of them. They weight 1lb. each,and i think they are porcelain. They was found south of Cedar City Utah on a big flat top mountain. Also that they were found not close together. It was about 25 years ago. Industry near there ,i don't know.

Thanks everyone
 
Upvote 0
Could they be from a porcelain or ceramic door knob?
 

Attachments

  • door knob.webp
    door knob.webp
    15.3 KB · Views: 295
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom