What's new

Pic update 2 Game Balls ??

still pickin

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jul 13, 2009
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Missouri
2 balls found in Cedar City Utah on top of a big flat hill. Are they game balls ? Why are they are flat on one side ? A line is running around the circumference of the balls just above the flat spots. Why is that ?
Thanks
 

Attachments

  • Picture 015.webp
    Picture 015.webp
    36.1 KB · Views: 436
  • Picture 016.webp
    Picture 016.webp
    45 KB · Views: 429
I like DCMatt's idea - are we sure they're not ceramic?
 
Upvote 0
Seems perfectly consistent with check valve balls. There's the wear pattern from pressure against the bore and the indentation caused by flow erosion. I guess they're like teeth, the part that remains when all else is gone.
 
Upvote 0
Ceramic balls from a check valve or that they are tumbling rocks used to polish in mills. Never seen any before.

So thanks allot for the fun I had reading the replies that everyone sent.

C U Still Pickin :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom