Pick Bannerstone!!

Bent-Twig

Jun 9, 2008
North Central Ohio
Hi folks,
Been a long while since I had something worthy of posting , but finally scored a really nice find over the weekend. The hole was barely showing , but just enough to know what I was about to uncover.:headbang: About ten feet away was the Adena point and then about 3 hours more of walking with high hopes and nothing else turned up.

Twig.
059.JPG 060.JPG 063.JPG 072.JPG 075.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bent-Twig

Bent-Twig

Jun 9, 2008
North Central Ohio
Here are some pics of the pick after a quick wash and dry using my water bottle I had with me. Who needs to stay hydrated when such a fine artifact is dirty. A little chip on the one point , but pretty nice overall.
Twig. 084.JPG 081.JPG 080.JPG 079.JPG

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome and very rare find Bent Twig. Congrats on rescuing that baby before the plow did took it's toll on it. That piece is definitely Banner worthy and will get my vote for such.

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a beautiful find!!! I agree with Grim, it would look nice up top. - Good luck.

OP
OP
Bent-Twig

Bent-Twig

Jun 9, 2008
North Central Ohio
Awesome and very rare find Bent Twig. Congrats on rescuing that baby before the plow did took it's toll on it. That piece is definitely Banner worthy and will get my vote for such.

Thanks Steve!
Been a long time comming!
I have been on a long dry run for nice finds. Felt good to get it going again. This one might be worth a trip to Columbus for an entry in slate for the Summer quarter.
Twig.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
That is immaculate!! Congrats! If I ever found a piece that nice, I'd have to change my huggies! Lol

ridger12

Apr 4, 2005
Sandy Ridge Pa
Detector(s) used
Minlab e-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got my vote for banner for the Bannerstone. I can't imagine the work that it takes to make an item like that.

bsit1361

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2010
md
Congrats brother. Killer killer killer! Thanks for sharing it with us. Banner for sure!!!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And you got the money shot. I bet that was hard to do. The adena is nice but the slate is beautiful. The plow came close to getting it. Good seeing you again. Congratulations!

OP
OP
Bent-Twig

Bent-Twig

Jun 9, 2008
North Central Ohio
And you got the money shot. I bet that was hard to do. The adena is nice but the slate is beautiful. The plow came close to getting it. Good seeing you again. Congratulations!

Thnx Tn , taking the time to take the pictures is part of the fun and preservation. I bet I snapped 20 shots of it with the camera and the phone before I even started scratching dirt away for the other shots. All in all , I bet there are about 30 pictures taken before I even got to hold it in my hand. Sure makes it fun when it is something as nice as this. On a normal the day the Adena would have been the highlight of the hunt. It did clean up well also , a nice coshocton flint with banding at the bottom.
Twig

OP
OP
Bent-Twig

Bent-Twig

Jun 9, 2008
North Central Ohio
Thank you all for the nice comments on the bannerstone. And thank you all for the banner votes , glad everyone feels it is as worthy as I do.

Twig.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread