Pick Bannerstone!!

Bent-Twig

Jun 9, 2008
North Central Ohio
Hi folks,
Been a long while since I had something worthy of posting , but finally scored a really nice find over the weekend. The hole was barely showing , but just enough to know what I was about to uncover.:headbang: About ten feet away was the Adena point and then about 3 hours more of walking with high hopes and nothing else turned up.

Twig.
059.JPG 060.JPG 063.JPG 072.JPG 075.JPG

Upvote 0

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Banner find for sure. Now that is a fine artifact.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great find that was. I am shocked the plow didnt get it. Must of been a great feeling when you pulled it out and it was whole. Congrats.......I voted banner

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bent-Twig

Bent-Twig

Jun 9, 2008
North Central Ohio
What a great find that was. I am shocked the plow didnt get it. Must of been a great feeling when you pulled it out and it was whole. Congrats.......I voted banner

Thank you everyone for the nice comments.
Rock , The plow did get it a few times. There are a few scars on it but luckily not broken. It was a thrill to find.
Twig.

OP
OP
Bent-Twig

Bent-Twig

Jun 9, 2008
North Central Ohio
That is a thing of beauty, congrats!!!!
Did you see my Banded slate bannerstone?

Hi Allen,
Thank You! Mine is banded slate also , but yours is a awesome brown color. Most slate pieces we find here are the green variety. I must say yours is a great find. very nice indeed.
Twig.

trevmma

Bronze Member
May 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
whites 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gets my vote for a banner!!!! awesome feeling huh! u will always play back that insitu in your mind

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really great find ,congrats.

OP
OP
Bent-Twig

Bent-Twig

Jun 9, 2008
North Central Ohio
gets my vote for a banner!!!! awesome feeling huh! u will always play back that insitu in your mind
Thanks Bro. It is a awesome feeling for sure. They are so few and far between these days. A lot of mile walked to find such a piece. Have you made any finds down there in Southern Ohio lately? I see your gorget in the avatar.
Twig.

Brandiwine

Mar 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing find. Beautiful. You have my very first banner vote. May you find another piece worthy of the distinction tomorrow. I find that when its good, it's good and when it's bad it's bad. Its never an even distribution. Same is true for about everything in life. Congrats! I'd be celebrating with a sip of whiskey or two...chased by a beer or two...while I stared at the piece drooling in amazement. A piece like this gives us hope one is just around the corner for us.

Hippy

Dec 15, 2008
Great find! It's amazing that any of them are whole in fields anymore. Looks like it was even whacked by the plow a few times and still survived. Congrats on the great find.

I voted banner also! Maybe we can get two rocks up there!

Hippy

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the amazing find and the Banner.:hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread