What's new

picked up a few silver quarters yesterday

theeteetotaler

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2008
Messages
78
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Thursday i went to the bank to dump some halves and as I'm speaking to the teller I notice that the automated coin dispenser is flippin' full of silver quarters. After my jaw drops to the floor I check all the other dispensers and notice one other is full of silver quarters. I take a few deep breaths and try to ask the teller if she could kindly open it up and allow me to swap out my quarters for the quarters in the machine. The vault teller is called over and kindly explains to me that she can't open the dispensers for security reasons. I leave my number and say if for any reason they can make the switch to please call me, I was kinda being a bit pushy. Last year around this same time i scored some dimes from this same bank so I'd figured I'd be able to get the quarters.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,140237.0.html

Walking to my car the calm facade I'd managed to keep going in the bank had completely faded and the CRHer had returned. I NEEDED THOSE F()*$@#$ QUARTERS!!! I drove to the next bank and devised my plan of attack. I hit up another few banks dumping the rest of my coin and figured I'd better return bearing gifts. So, I went to Little Caesar's and grabbed four $5 pizzas and returned to the bank, waited to see the vault teller and handed over the goods. She was a little taken aback and was definitely blushing. I apologized again for being pushy and again said if there was anything they could do that would be great, and if not no sweat. They'd been a very accommodating dump bank for years, and a $20 investment was worth the outcome either way. She smiled and told me to come back at 9am tomorrow and she'd let me swap out the quarters. I was very happy, I estimated about $50ish dollars worth!

I walked in yesterday at 9am and wait for her window and immediately she slaps down a bag and asks, "Is $80 good?" I was very happy and glad i greased the wheels with greasy pizza.

Naturally I date check this lot of quarters, most of it was 1964s, and about 1-5 of every year back to 1940, was hoping for that 32D.
 

Attachments

  • DSC00180.webp
    DSC00180.webp
    119.9 KB · Views: 392
  • qtrs 3.webp
    qtrs 3.webp
    119.6 KB · Views: 371
  • qtrs 2.webp
    qtrs 2.webp
    64.7 KB · Views: 371
Upvote 0
Awesome score. :thumbsup: I can't get over some of the finds that get posted here. Congrats
 
so sick. i can believe how that must feel to get that bag with all those silver quarters in it
 
AH!!! So hard not to be jealous on such a haul, thats 57.9oz of silver!!!
 
At 8 x face it only cost you $80 + $20 in pizza for a net profit of around $500.00 Pretty good I'd say.

Persistance does pay and way to keep your eys open.

Mojo
 
A FEW? A FEW? hate to see your idea of alot!!!.....just kidding congrats dude :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Wow man,

That is very fortunate your very lucky and I hope your very thankful. :icon_study: :thumbsup:

Keep @ it and HH!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom