What's new

picked up a few silver quarters yesterday

theeteetotaler

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2008
Messages
78
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Thursday i went to the bank to dump some halves and as I'm speaking to the teller I notice that the automated coin dispenser is flippin' full of silver quarters. After my jaw drops to the floor I check all the other dispensers and notice one other is full of silver quarters. I take a few deep breaths and try to ask the teller if she could kindly open it up and allow me to swap out my quarters for the quarters in the machine. The vault teller is called over and kindly explains to me that she can't open the dispensers for security reasons. I leave my number and say if for any reason they can make the switch to please call me, I was kinda being a bit pushy. Last year around this same time i scored some dimes from this same bank so I'd figured I'd be able to get the quarters.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,140237.0.html

Walking to my car the calm facade I'd managed to keep going in the bank had completely faded and the CRHer had returned. I NEEDED THOSE F()*$@#$ QUARTERS!!! I drove to the next bank and devised my plan of attack. I hit up another few banks dumping the rest of my coin and figured I'd better return bearing gifts. So, I went to Little Caesar's and grabbed four $5 pizzas and returned to the bank, waited to see the vault teller and handed over the goods. She was a little taken aback and was definitely blushing. I apologized again for being pushy and again said if there was anything they could do that would be great, and if not no sweat. They'd been a very accommodating dump bank for years, and a $20 investment was worth the outcome either way. She smiled and told me to come back at 9am tomorrow and she'd let me swap out the quarters. I was very happy, I estimated about $50ish dollars worth!

I walked in yesterday at 9am and wait for her window and immediately she slaps down a bag and asks, "Is $80 good?" I was very happy and glad i greased the wheels with greasy pizza.

Naturally I date check this lot of quarters, most of it was 1964s, and about 1-5 of every year back to 1940, was hoping for that 32D.
 

Attachments

  • DSC00180.webp
    DSC00180.webp
    119.9 KB · Views: 392
  • qtrs 3.webp
    qtrs 3.webp
    119.6 KB · Views: 371
  • qtrs 2.webp
    qtrs 2.webp
    64.7 KB · Views: 371
Upvote 0
Awesome score. Quarters are my favorite silver coin, but you can hardly ever find them. You've amazingly lucky to have found an entire horde of them :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
man that's an amazing score.....your one lucky dude :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
wow!!!! how many total did you get?
 
un real, what a sweet score. Yep, that was worth 20 bucks in pizza. :thumbsup:
 
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!
Best quarter score I've ever seen!!!
 
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Love the SILVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Great Planned.

Congrats,

I will see my day like yours soon

DW
 
:blob8: Yeah that's HOT! Dreams really do come true. :D Congratulations!! :thumbsup:
 
nice begets nice (even if a little pushiness was required 8))

Most excellent !

Yep, as TxTm says, best silver quarter haul I've seen on this forum.

Was it really $80, as in 320 quarters ? In the photo it didn't look like that many. A breakdown of dates/mints would be appreciated; so we can live vicariously through your find.
 
Love them quarters. I would have stood there getting $5 in quarters over and over till they drug ME out kicking and screaming. Your way was better though congrats. Mark
 
A most stupendous find! I must say! Well thats it, now even LESS quarters out there.....congrats!!!
 
What an amazing haul! I would be very pushy on getting those quarters out of there as well. Better a CRHer gets them rather then some joe. :thumbsup:
 
Wow, that's about an $800 score there! Not bad for four greasy pizzas!
 
Holy s**t!!!!!! I would of passed out!!!!!!!! :icon_pirat:
 
probably the biggest quarter score for the year. How can you see through their coin sorters are you super human?

Golden Silver
 
That is amazing!

HH
-GC
 
yes, $80 320 silver quarters. the coin dispenser they use is very similar to a grocery store machine (see picture below). as for the year mint mark break down all the coins have already been stored, but like i said before there was about $45 face in 1964 p&d and a few here and there from all years back to 1940. there was an absolute lack of S mints though, which is odd being that i'm 10 miles from SF.
 

Attachments

  • coindispenser.webp
    coindispenser.webp
    3.5 KB · Views: 228

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom