What's new

Pics from our freaky storms here in Washington State

Paul in WA

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2005
Messages
726
Reaction score
23
Golden Thread
0
Location
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX
I am sure all of you have seen plenty about our horrible storms here in Washington state. for about 4 weeks we were pounded with heavy snow fall.....it just never stopped! After work on Tuesday I helped a friend get the 3+ feet of snow off of their roof by dragging a snow blower on the roof, and by the following morning you could have putted gold balls on the lawn. A freak storm blew in with very high winds ( State says clocked at 160mph on the ridge!) tons of rain, and the temp went from the 20's to near 60. Below are some pics. The first is a bridge that has 7 feet of ice on it from an ice dam breaking loose up river ( and a shot the day after during clean up). A pic of a missing roof. Part of highway 97 washed out. A small avalanche on Stevens pass. a flooded local road. The last is a huge ice/snow/mud slide at one of the ski resorts.

My county, as well as 15 others around be have been declaired in a state of emergency. All of the mountain passes are closed.

Paul in Washington
 

Attachments

  • icedam (Medium).webp
    icedam (Medium).webp
    37.8 KB · Views: 291
  • icedam1 (Medium).webp
    icedam1 (Medium).webp
    55.8 KB · Views: 280
  • missingroof (Medium).webp
    missingroof (Medium).webp
    12.8 KB · Views: 274
  • roof1 (Medium).webp
    roof1 (Medium).webp
    17.6 KB · Views: 274
  • roadflood (Medium).webp
    roadflood (Medium).webp
    54.9 KB · Views: 271
  • stevenspassavalanche (Medium).webp
    stevenspassavalanche (Medium).webp
    17.9 KB · Views: 277
  • highway97 (Medium).webp
    highway97 (Medium).webp
    25.2 KB · Views: 285
ski resort
 

Attachments

  • snoqualmiepassmudandsnowslide (Medium).webp
    snoqualmiepassmudandsnowslide (Medium).webp
    38 KB · Views: 300
the loading dock at sears
 

Attachments

  • 1-6-2009 storm 015 (Medium).webp
    1-6-2009 storm 015 (Medium).webp
    38.8 KB · Views: 278
thanx for the pix. Wow I guess you guys won't be doing any land detecting for awhile-to-come in that frozen and/or flooded grounds!

I wonder why some of those storms are sending ocean swells down our way to erode our beaches? ::)
 
everything melted over night. I guess the 60 degree high winds acted like a heat gun. in the last few days the ground has thawed enough to dig. No clue on the ocean swells down your way.

Paul
 
I'm in Tampico, 20 mi. west of Yakima, we had gusts to 114 mph. lots of damage
 
Wow. What devastation! Hope you guys recover quickly and all is back to normal soon. thoughts and prayers to those less fortunate.
 
Paul in Wa,

nature sure can be a bitch at times.

Hang in there.

Thanks for posting the pictures.

have a good un...........
SHERMANVILLE
 
Well hopefully it pays back in newly exposed hunting grounds for you, best of luck and wishes.
 
My daughter and her family just recently moved back here from the Seattle area. When they first moved out there they remarked on how weird the weather was. They are relieved to be back home where all they have to worry about is tornados! Monty
 
Yeah that was a pretty burtal storm! Sammamish, WA even got hit with lots of snow for 2 weeks! I was stuck inside and wanting to go Mding so badly, but since I don't have a 4x4 yet. I didn't go. That is going to be on my things to get list for cars. lol That way I can still go hunting and Drive in the Snow. yes I am crazy enough to do that. We got at least 5-6 inches of snow here. It was that bad. Roads cleared though within the third week and I actually started to drive my little 240sx. lol

Hope everything is going to get better in your area paul! :)
 
Lowbatts said:
Well hopefully it pays back in newly exposed hunting grounds for you, best of luck and wishes.



I am thinking it will be a good year for dredging because the rivers have moved & exposed so much new material.

Paul
 
Take care, Paul and our thoughts are with you and the others in Washington :icon_sunny:
 
with all that water moving hope it bring you luck in your prospecting for that yellow gold. Hope the gold god is with you on your journey....Matt
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom