What's new

Pin of some sort? Marked STERLING!

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2006
Messages
2,429
Reaction score
697
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
Hello!

I found this while detecting in Salem Oregon on Saturday.

It's kinda small ~ only about 10 mm tall and 16 mm wide ~ marked STERLING CORO PATENT PENDING on the back side. The front is white enamel ~ V with a star on each side. I think the enamel in the stars was blue, but its fallen out.

Any idea what this pin was for? How old is it?

Thanks for looking!
Neil
 

Attachments

  • March6-2010-1.webp
    March6-2010-1.webp
    42.8 KB · Views: 255
  • March6-2010-2.webp
    March6-2010-2.webp
    46.6 KB · Views: 279
  • March6-2010-3.webp
    March6-2010-3.webp
    28.4 KB · Views: 278
not 100% sure but "V" for victory was common on WW2 era items * pins and such for women to wear to show their support for the war effort.

white back ground --blue V and red stars ? national colors?
 
Upvote 0
Cool :icon_thumleft:
It is from between 1943 and 1979.
The firm of Cohn and Rosenberger was established in 1901 by Emanuel Cohn and Carl Rosenberger, Later incorporated in 1943, they shortened the name to Coro, Inc.
http://www.collectics.com/education_coro.html

I would also pick WWII related. Maybe 'Veteran' rather than 'Victory'.

Mike
 
Upvote 0
trikikiwi said:
Cool :icon_thumleft:
It is from between 1943 and 1979.
The firm of Cohn and Rosenberger was established in 1901 by Emanuel Cohn and Carl Rosenberger, Later incorporated in 1943, they shortened the name to Coro, Inc.
http://www.collectics.com/education_coro.html
I would also pick WWII related. Maybe 'Veteran' rather than 'Victory'.
Mike

WWll vets were all given a gold button lapel badge known as a ruptured duck pin.A vet would probably be more likely to wear that one than a civilian badge,then again it could be from something like the nursing corps or something.
 
Upvote 0
Letsgethammered said:
trikikiwi said:
Cool :icon_thumleft:
It is from between 1943 and 1979.
The firm of Cohn and Rosenberger was established in 1901 by Emanuel Cohn and Carl Rosenberger, Later incorporated in 1943, they shortened the name to Coro, Inc.
http://www.collectics.com/education_coro.html
I would also pick WWII related. Maybe 'Veteran' rather than 'Victory'.
Mike

WWll vets were all given a gold button lapel badge known as a ruptured duck pin.A vet would probably be more likely to wear that one than a civilian badge,then again it could be from something like the nursing corps or something.
I'm familiar with the Ruptured Duck - thanks to TreasureNet :icon_thumleft:
I should have put a question mark after my last comment - I was asking , not telling ;D

Mike
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom