What's new

Pine Tree Three Pence

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2010
Messages
6,690
Reaction score
716
Golden Thread
1
Location
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
1652 Pine Tree Three Pence

Hi all :hello:
Took the T2 out to Cob Cove for the extra low tides
,
I've hammered this site for years.

Used the 5" coil, my new grey ghost headphones and poked thru the iron patch,

(think you know iron? imagine the main drag of a shipyard in use for 400 years !! )

The headphones make a world of difference in picking up those little squeaks.

Talk to Mike at Woodland Metal Detector Sales for his special pricing on these :icon_thumleft:

Pulled lots of small targets down to the size of a single birdshot pellet, half the size of a pea.


Found a 1652 Pine Tree Thruppence! only need a SixPence to complete the set.

and a toasty 1828/1830/1838 ?? halfdime,

Argentina 20 Centavo, same from 1895-1940, after cleaning, I see 1899.

Garfield and Arthur Political button, this would date 1881 I believe.

Odd buckle, 19th C I think. Police Special Whistle, man, is it LOUD !!

Pewter spoon fragment, Scallop design, it's an oldie.

smooth coppa,

A bunch of buttons,two backmarked 'G crown IV The Kings'
got half a dozen of these already.... popular button

an ornate one piece brass, two pewters and a blowhole,
the crustier pewter has three 'pimples' or maybe a floral design.

That's it for today,
looking for my 8 Escudo Tomorrow :laughing9: HH All !!
 

Attachments

  • NH FINDS 09-18 007.webp
    NH FINDS 09-18 007.webp
    31.6 KB · Views: 174
  • NH FINDS 09-18 070.webp
    NH FINDS 09-18 070.webp
    37.7 KB · Views: 166
  • NH FINDS 09-18 015.webp
    NH FINDS 09-18 015.webp
    67.5 KB · Views: 182
  • NH FINDS 09-18 092.webp
    NH FINDS 09-18 092.webp
    36.1 KB · Views: 169
  • NH FINDS 09-18 071.webp
    NH FINDS 09-18 071.webp
    27.2 KB · Views: 170
  • NH FINDS 09-18 017.webp
    NH FINDS 09-18 017.webp
    27.4 KB · Views: 166
  • NH FINDS 09-18 051.webp
    NH FINDS 09-18 051.webp
    53.6 KB · Views: 176
  • NH FINDS 09-18 094.webp
    NH FINDS 09-18 094.webp
    32.2 KB · Views: 159
  • NH FINDS 09-18 091.webp
    NH FINDS 09-18 091.webp
    69.8 KB · Views: 160
  • NH FINDS 09-18 039.webp
    NH FINDS 09-18 039.webp
    54.5 KB · Views: 167
  • NH FINDS 09-18 095.webp
    NH FINDS 09-18 095.webp
    37.5 KB · Views: 154
  • NH FINDS 09-18 019.webp
    NH FINDS 09-18 019.webp
    48.8 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
Upvote 20
Excellent find and congrats! :hello2: I'm glad you're being rewarded for working through all that iron. WTG! :thumbsup:

HH
p.s. Banner vote in.
 
awesome pine tree! congrats! that is high on my wish list!
 
Those are amazing finds digger=) HH

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
 
Hey steelheadwill, do you happen to have any houses for sale on your street? Think I'll move up there and hunt with you :occasion14:
 
Not to sound ignorant ot any thing but being new I have to ask what is it or the significance of a pine tree
 
That is another sweet find. Hope you complete the set!
 
Come on Herbie give us a break , another one :headbang:if i was you i would pitch a tent and live there lol 360 year old coin , that half dime looks to be 1830 ,fantastic finds The Banner is a no-brainer . Jim
 
Last edited:
Thanks to all for your replies and votes !! :hello:

Sure was a surprise to see the tree on this tiny piece....

I've enjoyed looking thru everyones recent finds and I'll bet this fall

will turn up a lot more goodies for all :occasion14:
Happy Hunting to You !!! herbie :hello2:

Ironman, good reading on the history of the first silvers minted in North American Colonies here:
(and the reason most are dated 1652) Colonial Coins - Section Contents

Hulls Rocker press bent these coins into an 'S' shape making them difficult
to photograph clearly, I've always had issues with depth of field anyway...
 
Last edited:
Amazing finds as usual! Congrats Herbie!
 
Wow! amazing condition. What method do you use to clean those coins?
 
It difficult to find American as old coin ... I vote Banner! :hello2:
 
GREAT FINDS... Big Congrats and I am sure that the missing sixpence is there waiting for you. :icon_thumright:
 
Herbie, I see another great year in your future. You didn't miss many days hunting last fall & winter season. A great way to start off the fall hunting season. Great digs Bud. HH, Quindy.
 
Awsome finds and many more to come HH BANNER
 
Thanks !
It's great to hear from all my old friends :hello:

I've been off the digging track for a while,

Happy to see you all didn't forget about me :laughing7:

I'm Going back thu recent finds to see all you guys Goodies,
Best wishes and HH Everyone !!

CudaMark, the only coin cleaned was the 20 Centavo, I gave it 3 hours in a vibratory tumbler.
they work great on relics and coins with no value or historical significance.

the differences in the 3P photos are just from lighting and photoshop.
 
Last edited:
all those finds are great but that pine tree is awesome!
 
holy crap! another one? shakin my damn head.CONGRATS!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom