What's new

Pissed

tank014

Full Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2008
Messages
204
Reaction score
31
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Ace 250, Garret 1250
I summitted my find i posted a couple days ago titled, "107 Dollars in halves produced the most silver coins i have found at one time" to my local treasure hunting club and they wouldn't except my entry. Err. They said that I could enter because I bought my entry. I think they have no idea what I do... I go through 2000 dollars worth of halves a week on top of 250$ to 750$ in dimes a week. I am pissed. I had a couple of people in my club say that all i do is buy coins pick the ones i like then return the rest to get more. Yes, this is what i do but he made it sound like it was easy. Err. err. err. I go through a S H I T load of coin every week and what I find is not easy to do. He made it sound like i find 159 silver 40%ers every time I CRH. It really pisses me off. I mean cmon. If I ever find a barber half and they don't accept my find because I supposedly bought it I think I am going to leave my club. I am really pissed at this. I spend so much time looking for cool finds. FRICK.
Happy FRICKIN Hunting Everyone,
Frank
 
Upvote 0
Who cares what they think? You found a great score.

Jim
 
I doubt that they fully understand what you do...I know that most people that i talk to can't comprehend CRHing. When I try to explain, they lose interest within seconds, their eyes glazing over...even most of my friends that metal detect think that it takes alot of $$ to get into CRHing, and some people even think that it's slightly immoral, (I'm USING the bank for profit). AMC
 
I never show my finds at local clubs. I would not wnat to generate competition...lot of places are like that.
I would not be too worried about it. you scored and thats what matters.

I think the reason why is that technicaly you are buying the silver...yes at face value but it is considered a purchase and there for not really treasure hunting.
But it is a find that is "found" so its a gray area.
But again, who cares what they think, the fact is hunting silver at banks takes work and research just as much as any other T hunting activity....but the rewards are more often and less than a big score. but better than swinging a detector for a few quarters.

As this forum shows, Treasure is where you find it.
 
next time ask them what they found that was worth keeping and making a profit from it
 
I am with these guys. Keep it to yourself. You don't want competition anyway. If they don't get it that is on them. You should not be too mad because in a way they are right. You buy the coin at steal because they are silver. It is just a type of treasure hunting that has higher returns and less people doing it. I say BE GLAD THEY DON'T GIVE IT ANY IMPORTANCE. More booty for you bud. I hope you catch my drift. If you are looking for an ata boy then post your finds with some pics here on tnet. We will certainly appreciate it. Good luck and don't spread our secret!!!! LOL.....but seriously...

-Golden Silver
 
jewelerdave said:
I never show my finds at local clubs. I would not wnat to generate competition...lot of places are like that.
Wow, I actually agree with Jeweler Dave for once ;D

I never let on to my fellow club members (except a select 2-3) about CRH. I do not want to create any more competition than I already have. >:( Some members live in the same towns as my favorite banks.

I know I would have won best U.S. coin several times if I had entered my better finds (Morgan $, peace $, barber halves, commermatives)
 
My friends and co-workers know that I CRH on occasion. They just are not interested. I would agree with the previous replies that in a MD club, loose lips could sink ships. AMC
 
cyberdan said:
jewelerdave said:
I never show my finds at local clubs. I would not wnat to generate competition...lot of places are like that.
Wow, I actually agree with Jeweler Dave for once ;D

I never let on to my fellow club members (except a select 2-3) about CRH. I do not want to create any more competition than I already have. >:( Some members live in the same towns as my favorite banks.

I know I would have won best U.S. coin several times if I had entered my better finds (Morgan $, peace $, barber halves, commermatives)
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:, Yep JD is making sense! Just close your pie hole! No need to run around trying to impress others, because you might impress them so much that they get into your kitchen. Good luck to ya, Gpurs..
 
Tank, first off, there is no need to use foul language on here. We get your point. Sorry, I have to agree with your club members. You are in reality buying your finds.
HH, S_F :thumbsup:
 
tank014;
I say the less competition the better. At your meetings, you can just sit there calmly, smiling like Buddha because you know that you have found the "Way". Hope that the others never follow.......
- Grizz
 
yep, loose lips sink the best laid plans of mice and men. I just started crh, and only found an error dime to date. I don't do it quite as intensely as you guys but I am on the way. I have a bank on the other side of town that gets a lot of homerolled coins, and my tellers know what kind of rolls I like. It doesn't hurt to buy a box of chocolate or candies for the entire teller squad. They appreciate things like that. :thumbsup:
 
treasure is where you find it....forget those guys....stick around here....we appreciate all treasures...just look at all the different categories we have in the forum.....
 
tank014 said:
I summitted my find i posted a couple days ago titled, "107 Dollars in halves produced the most silver coins i have found at one time" to my local treasure hunting club and they wouldn't except my entry. Err. They said that I could enter because I bought my entry. I think they have no idea what I do... I go through 2000 dollars worth of halves a week on top of 250$ to 750$ in dimes a week. I am pissed. I had a couple of people in my club say that all i do is buy coins pick the ones i like then return the rest to get more. Yes, this is what i do but he made it sound like it was easy. Err. err. err. I go through a S H I T load of coin every week and what I find is not easy to do. He made it sound like i find 159 silver 40%ers every time I CRH. It really pisses me off. I mean cmon. If I ever find a barber half and they don't accept my find because I supposedly bought it I think I am going to leave my club. I am really pissed at this. I spend so much time looking for cool finds. FRICK.
Happy FRICKIN Hunting Everyone,
Frank

I'm an idiot. You guys are all right. I'm going to ruin this for myself if i hadn't all ready. Anyways thanks for the replies.
HH,
Frank
 
Silver_Fox said:
Tank, first off, there is no need to use foul language on here. We get your point. Sorry, I have to agree with your club members. You are in reality buying your finds.
HH, S_F :thumbsup:

And everyone that buys a detector and buys batteries and buys digging tools and buys gasoline to drive to a site is BUYING their finds also. Aren't they?
 
joecoin said:
Silver_Fox said:
Tank, first off, there is no need to use foul language on here. We get your point. Sorry, I have to agree with your club members. You are in reality buying your finds.
HH, S_F :thumbsup:

And everyone that buys a detector and buys batteries and buys digging tools and buys gasoline to drive to a site is BUYING their finds also. Aren't they?
No. They are using tools to find treasure.
 
Silver_Fox said:
joecoin said:
Silver_Fox said:
Tank, first off, there is no need to use foul language on here. We get your point. Sorry, I have to agree with your club members. You are in reality buying your finds.
HH, S_F :thumbsup:

And everyone that buys a detector and buys batteries and buys digging tools and buys gasoline to drive to a site is BUYING their finds also. Aren't they?
No. They are using tools to find treasure.


Unless someone pays a premium on their boxes of halves, they really aren't buying them. They are exchanging money for money, and finding treasure inside the boxes, or bags, etc.

If I bought a plot of land and then searched it and found treasure, one could say I bought the treasure too, since it came with the land I bought.

I would agree that said act of CRHing is not the same as digging treasure out of the ground, but I would consider it treasure hunting nonetheless.

But I would not waste my time at some club trying to impress, convince or convert those who are not into CRHing. They are two totally separate types of treasure hunting.

Jim
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom