What's new

Pistol parts minus the barrel found at a civil war spot.

DirtyMike

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2009
Messages
898
Reaction score
106
Golden Thread
1
Location
West Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, MXT, TDI, Tejon, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am trying to find out what type of pistol that I found. Any ideas? :icon_scratch:
 

Attachments

  • what are they relics 236.webp
    what are they relics 236.webp
    103.9 KB · Views: 311
  • what are they relics 228.webp
    what are they relics 228.webp
    59.4 KB · Views: 330
  • what are they relics 232.webp
    what are they relics 232.webp
    50 KB · Views: 320
  • what are they relics 234.webp
    what are they relics 234.webp
    49.8 KB · Views: 321
  • what are they relics 229.webp
    what are they relics 229.webp
    43.8 KB · Views: 326
The brass piece at the top of the first pic looks like part of an Enfield trigger assembly
 
Upvote 0
vayank54 said:
The brass piece at the top of the first pic looks like part of an Enfield trigger assembly

Absolutely.

A.webp

B.webp

The iron ring looks like a barrel band.

Regards,


Buckles
 

Attachments

  • A.webp
    A.webp
    37.4 KB · Views: 300
  • B.webp
    B.webp
    37.2 KB · Views: 303
Upvote 0
I might be wrong but I think you might have pieces to a couple different guns. The nose cap looks like it could be from a rifle but can't think of which one right off.
 
Upvote 0
Is that a flat spring from a rifle to the right?
 
Upvote 0
vayank54 said:
I might be wrong but I think you might have pieces to a couple different guns. The nose cap looks like it could be from a rifle but can't think of which one right off.

This could very well be the case. I just assumed they were to one gun cause of the close area they were found in. You know what assuming does for ya though.
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
Is that a flat spring from a rifle to the right?

It very well might be. I thought the same about the trigger assembly and the spring but I did not know if they were used on other firearms.
 
Upvote 0
DirtyMike said:
bigcypresshunter said:
Is that a flat spring from a rifle to the right?

It very well might be. I thought the same about the trigger assembly and the spring but I did not know if they were used on other firearms.
It's a main spring. On a percussion gun they went inside the lockplate. Outside the lockplate on a flintlock. I believe yours went to a rifle also. Kind of hard to tell from the pic though
 

Attachments

  • lockplate from calv.2.webp
    lockplate from calv.2.webp
    6.6 KB · Views: 342
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom