What's new

platinum ring return...yay !!!

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2011
Messages
3,792
Reaction score
3,399
Golden Thread
1
Location
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got a call from a frantic young man.He told me about the loss of a very important ring and the almost superhuman efforts he,family and friends had already made in their efforts for recovery.His story was really touching so I agreed to drive down the mountain and into the high desert with my hunting buddy to try and help them out.

This young guy still had two years of payments and no insurance.A rookie paramedic,he isnt a man of means but he went all in on this diamond and platinum ring for his new bride,his sweetheart since jr. high.He had spent three night sessions after his shifts with flashlights,rakes,walmart cheapo detector and volunteer help searching the snow covered area high above yucca valley where it was lost.

Yesterday we headed out early for the 2 1/2 hr.drive to meet the young couple and follow them into the remote area.We figured out the high percentage areas and began the search.In about 10 minutes I heard my buddy holler,"gotcha".Yup he got it 1" deep in what was now mud in a tire rut.located in an area where their search was concentrated.Sucess !!!!

for those of you who have expierienced this,you know what I mean.For those who havent yet trust me...its the greatest feeling you can have with a tector in your hand.Overwhelming joy ,hugs and celebration.a very cool thing.Joining theringfinders.com years ago was a great move for me.
008.webp....009.webp
 
That is AWESOME! :weee:
 
Awesome post, SUper deed, sure wish you dug it, so I could nominate you for honorable mention. Is your buddy a Tnetter?
 
HEY ! ! ! THATS MY RING ! ! !

I put an ad in the paper that I lost that ring in that very spot ! ! !











:P
 
Last edited:
Good going on the ring return.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
Congrats on the recovery! It still looks a little loose, I'd recommend a ring guard/spacer!
 
I'm actually tthankful ernie found it.he has been on several recovery missions with me without any success.it was his turn to feel the pride of handing it to a tearful gal.He is soooo pumped.the whole drive home he was stoked.a cool ending to a touching story
 
Excellent work you two!
Congrats on a successful recovery.
That ring needed to go back where it was intended to be for sure.
 
Great return bigfoot - :notworthy:
 
Well done very honorable thing to do for someone
 
you are a certified "stud-muffin". good job! :)
 
What a great return, Congrats on a wonderful drive down the mountain.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom