Greenie
Oct 26, 2014
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello All,

New to TreasureNet and I had my best find today metal detecting...or at least I think it is. Starte detecting about a year ago and got instantly hooked! I started coin roll hunting a few months ago and have been doing very well with dimes...ok with halves. Today I found my first "non junk" ring...I've pretty much been a coin shooter because...well it has a lot of return...from a quantity aspect. I decided Thursday to switch it up and start digging everything. After detecting Friday, Saturday and today it paid off. Here it is...let me know what you think. 13 grams found 2.5 inches deep in a soccer field and says PLAT 950.
image.jpg

Upvote 21
That rings really beautiful looking in the picture bet it looked great peeking out of the dirt also !! Have to wonder what platinum reads like on my machine but have found some gold rings and I consider myself lucky to have found them, someday it will be Plat one tho =)

I know exactly what you mean! No believers in the family! Lol!

Welcom, Wow, and Congrats. Hope to see many more posts. HH

great job. I know the feeling. I'm new to it to and just found my 1st gold ring today. Not as nice as yours though. I was getting into the coin rush and got tired of pulling tabs so I over discrim'ed. Today I slowed way down and hit anything over a 40 on my ATG. 10 minutes later out popped my 1st real ring at a reading of 45... Makes me wonder how many rings I might of passed up. Digging pop-tabs is highly annoying but it's what we gotta do. If it were easy everyone would be doing it.

Congrats on the ring!! Crazy it happened so fast for you too. It's true...if there was a way to truly tell the tabs from the precious metals so many more people would do it. Did you post your find today...I'm gonna check it out!

Well done! As of January 10, 2014, the platinum spot price in New York is US$1,428 per ounce, compared to US$1,246.20 per ounce for gold and US$20.18 per ounce for silver.

Great find, did you know right away it was platinum or when you seen the mark? What did it ring up on your 350?

No I didn't know right away and even after I saw the marks I first thought Plated then it hit me that it was platinum. It showed up as a solid center hit...pull tab/Gold on the Ace 350. Thanks for the comment and HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back