What's new

PLEASE ALL BE CAREFUL !!!

The chiggers are bad here to. The old timers say avoid the trees and bushes that bloom white. For some reason the chiggers are attracted to the white blooms.
 
Opossums are valuable for their appetite for ticks…or are they.

 
I understand because we did not have a major freeze here in Ohio the TICK situation will be bad this season. Yesterday while looking for one of my drones me and my wife were looking for in the woods . We was probably in the woods for a hour. When we came home My wife found 5 ticks on my sweat shirt . My wife had 3 ticks on her coat. PLEASE ALL BE CAREFUL!!!
I understand because we did not have a major freeze here in Ohio the TICK situation will be bad this season. Yesterday while looking for one of my drones me and my wife were looking for in the woods . We was probably in the woods for a hour. When we came home My wife found 5 ticks on my sweat shirt . My wife had 3 ticks on her coat. PLEASE ALL BE CAREFUL!!!
THIS WORKS FOR ME:
About 5+ yrs ago, I read taking garlic daily would deter ticks & mosquitoes from biting. I live in the south, on 3 acres, in the country. Ticks & mosquitoes here are as thick as thieves.

Although skeptical, I decided to give it a try. It was said although you will not smell like garlic, they can detect it through your pores, therefore will not bite. Within a week or 2, the rare occasion I would find 1 or 2 on me, they were never attached. Also, while sitting on the front porch one day, I noticed a mosquito hovering over my arm. It kept wanting to bite, but every time it would get closer it would back off. Never did bite. I now take garlic daily, year round.

I settled on the following because you do not taste or burp it, & they are only a little larger than a BB. Upon getting up each morning I take 4 to 6. It is just garlic, so it will not hurt you. It is an antioxidant that is also beneficial for your heart, cholesterol levels & circulation.

Nature's Bounty Garlic Extract 1000 mg Softgels, 100 ea.

I started off buying it in Walgreen’s when they had a BOGO sale. Now, I can often find better deals on Amazon.

Note: Do not give it to your dogs, as I have read it will harm them!
 
Southern Sis I thank you for your reply. Also welcome to Treasurenet
 
My local Walmart had it on the shelf , you spray two complete sets of clothes and allow them to dry . these cloths will provide protection for weeks even after being washed . used by the U.S Army
10205903
Thank you

Gate and Ticndig for sharing this info, I will look for this product in my area.

Take care
Jorgeke
 
MORE GREAT INFORMATION :) Thanks Jorgeke !!!11
 
Thank you

Gate and Ticndig for sharing this info, I will look for this product in my area.

Take care
Jorgeke

MORE GREAT INFORMATION :) Thanks Jorgeke !!!11
Just be careful if you use sawyers. If you have cats dont use it, its very bad for them. I used to use it before I got a kitty though and it definitely works great!
 
I have honestly never worried about them, just pull them off. Growing up in Virginia it was just a part of being outdoors. Except the one time I got covered in hundreds of seed ticks in a, well, "hard to reach" area. Thats the day I realized just how much my wife really does love me....
 
Bought a pair of pants and shirt after a bad experience from a tick bite years ago. Now I wear these.

 
We use Off with 98.25% Deet.

It comes in 1 ounce spray bottles, and is expensive ($12) but it works great.

194e34e8-5e1d-4f1e-905b-808ee4bbadf9.da7f6eccb21e53cc973617756093a4b2.jpeg



Don't waste your money on the other OFF products. They are useless.
 
When a man, please read my PM, politics is only allowed in our politics forum, it is our rules...
 
Our first day out MD, I found a tiny tick in my left armpit. My wife pulled it out and said next trip out we’re using Deet! I have some spray that’s 40% Deet but can’t remember who makes it.
 
growing up I don't remember all these different kinds of ticks and all the diseases . I remember dog ticks and rocky mountain spotted fever.
 
Never did like those rascals. Good thing is here in Colorado I've yet to ever encounter a single tick in the combined 40 years I've lived here.
Go over to Middle Park, tr. Lots of them there. In fact, Heeney used to have a Tick Festival. Bout the only place I've seen them.
 
Go over to Middle Park, tr. Lots of them there. In fact, Heeney used to have a Tick Festival. Bout the only place I've seen them
I've always thought it might be too dry a climate here Colorado
 
I just got a tube of military issue tick lotion from a military store on eBay. The store owner said he knows it’s very effective. It’s for skin not gear. For that I bought 40% deet spray. I do have permethrin but reluctant to use cause of our cats. Ticks belong in the fires of hell.
 
I've always thought it might be too dry a climate here Colorado
Lot of that has to do with how big the deer population is in an area, cause they carry them. We never saw that many in SWOK til the deer population increased. Someone mentioned chiggers. I am thankful every day we don't have those. Most dangerous animal on earth, cause if they was big as a dog, they would eat a man plum up.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom